You can type here any text you want

3.8 into an FC RX-7

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b00sted

I've been looking into doing either this swap or the Ford 2.3 turbo. Kinda leaning towards the Buick motor just because it has more potential.

Anyways, for those of you who have done it, what do you use for motor mounts? All custom or does someone make an adapter for it now?

Basically if I do this it would be stock rods and crank with aftermarket pistons, ported heads, ported intake, injectors and a chip, larger turbo, and probably an LS1 MAF. With the pump gas TurboTweak chip and alky injection, what kinda power would the setup make? I was looking into the setup Grumpy posted and that's pretty much what I would do...But in a lighter chassis.

Thanks.

misred.com (Mike) has made Kmembers in the past for the GN/FC conversion. You have to make the rest though. ie intercooler piping, intercooler mount, downpipe, trans mount.

I made my own which took about a weekend for the engine/trans mounts/downpipe back in '99.

With the combo you are talking about depending if you select a small shaft turbo ie TE-44 to TE-54 or a large shaft turbo ie TE-63 to TE-70 will be whether you run high tens to low tens/high 9's.

I may sell mine ...88 RX7 GSL :rolleyes:

Attachments

• MayZ.JPG
    MayZ.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 162
i have the motor out of the car right now. you can come look at it whenever you like. now would be a good time to take any measurements.

surej

Back