You can type here any text you want

3rd gen F body conversion parts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Grumpy

Thread killer
ok I have a Firebird that had a Buick Turbo motor and trans in it .. all parts to do the conversion are for sale .. also a Dana 44 with 331s and a Moser 9" Ford set up for an F body :cool:

Dana 44 is the one GM sold over the counter for the F Body guys .. (they should have used them in the TTA :eek: ) bolt in no brainer ...lot stronger than the one they used in the poor TTA ... oh the 9" Ford is a bolt in to :cool: ... Dana 44 has 331 gears ... 9"Ford by Moser with back brace .. 31 spline axles with 1/2" wheel studs .. 350 gears with a traction loc .. 1350 yoke .. also have a Denny's alum matrix driveshaft for the Ford rear end.. open to offers but not giving it away .. selling off my TTA stuff so I have room to store them if they don't sell :eek: :p

Dana 44 is the one GM sold over the counter for the F Body guys .. (they should have used them in the TTA :eek: ) bolt in no brainer ...lot stronger than the one they used in the poor TTA ... oh the 9" Ford is a bolt in to :cool: ... Dana 44 has 331 gears ... 9"Ford by Moser with back brace .. 31 spline axles with 1/2" wheel studs .. 350 gears with a traction loc .. 1350 yoke .. also have a Denny's alum matrix driveshaft for the Ford rear end.. open to offers but not giving it away .. selling off my TTA stuff so I have room to store them if they don't sell :eek: :p

are they both complete with brakes?
what would you want for either?? defenatly interested in one or the other....
what center section in the 9"? whos housing?

just posted in parts for sale with more info :cool:

Dana 44 is the one GM sold over the counter for the F Body guys .. (they should have used them in the TTA ) bolt in no brainer ...lot stronger than the one they used in the poor TTA ... oh the 9" Ford is a bolt in to ... Dana 44 has 331 gears ... 9"Ford by Moser with back brace .. 31 spline axles with 1/2" wheel studs .. Currie center section with 350 gears with a traction loc ... drum brakes but can be converted to the TTA stock brakes with the 2 caliper brackets from Currie or just machine yours .. 1350 yoke .. also have a Denny's alum matrix driveshaft for the Ford rear end.. open to offers but not giving it away .. selling off my TTA stuff so I have room to store them if they don't sell Also have tubular lower control arms as well as an adjustable panhard bar for TTAs

got a rough price on the dana 44? I'm gonna be looking for parts soon ,but they may be gonbe by that time......

93-02? for the swap parts? i have a 97 bird with a v6 in it. i would love to have a 3.8 turbo. could you send me a pm on the price for the rearends and swap kit. my friend ha a 02 bird with a ATI kit, and the stock 10 bolt is just not doing it,

sorry guys havent ripped the car apart yet .. working on my TTA to get it out the door :eek: then Ill piece the other "gem" :p

ya I have the engine and frame mounts ... tranny mount... TTA gas tank with a double pumper ... wiring harness and computer... dash ..everything works .. has a VSS to .. an one of the harder things to get the 3" downpipe for a Buick motor in an f body .. has a HKS waste gate with the controller inside the car .. :cool:

Can you send me some prices? I'm just starting to research my swap, I live in Hawaii, the gas tank shipping would prob be too high, is it required for the swap?

Cool, I was reading up on the swap on thirdgen.org, sounds pretty possible...I did a LS1 in a carbed 3rd gen already, but I used a Spohn K-member for that one.

So you have TTA mounts or Buick mounts? I don't think your harness will work on my car, I have a V-6, which is different than the V-8 cars. What trans did you use, and how did it mount the torque arm?

Ed

The harness should work, just goes to the firewall bolt it in. The mounts more than likely you'll have to drill. Not sure if the stock v6 k member will be that accomodating.

Use the Buick mounts.

Easiest way to do it would be to put the mounts on the motor( attach frame and engine mounts), put the tranny into it's crossmember. Mark where the mounts go and drill or weld in the mounts. More than likely you'll have to move the brakeline cross over. Again unbolt the tang slide it forwardand redrill and attach.

A little more work, but at least you wont have to pay for the driveshaft or aftermarket tranny crossmember.

HTH!

Cool, I was reading up on the swap on thirdgen.org, sounds pretty possible...I did a LS1 in a carbed 3rd gen already, but I used a Spohn K-member for that one.

So you have TTA mounts or Buick mounts? I don't think your harness will work on my car, I have a V-6, which is different than the V-8 cars. What trans did you use, and how did it mount the torque arm?

Ed

I have the original TTA frame mounts .. harness is an 87 GN harness ... we used a 200R4... trans bracket had another bracket that held the torque arm :cool:

Attachments

• motormount.JPG
    motormount.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 167
  • transmount.JPG
    transmount.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 171
Looks like just what I need, the only question now is can I afford it all. :)

Back