4" intake compressor side turbo in stock location, what did you do with up-pipe?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I about got the new PTE6466 turbo on, but it appears that the huge 4" intake duct right where it will connect to the turbo inlet is going to be in the way of the up-pipe now.
What is everyone doing with a 4" inlet turbo?
6466-install.JPG

4 to 3 inch reducer and 3 inch inlet pipe

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

From the look of your MAF I'd say going from 4" to a 3.5 pipe kit to your MAF would be the way to fly.

Are you going to use a stock sized up pipe or a 3" unit?

From the look of your MAF I'd say going from 4" to a 3.5 pipe kit to your MAF would be the way to fly.

Are you going to use a stock sized up pipe or a 3" unit?

Yup, I agree with Earl....that's exactly what I did for mine too.
No need for a plenum spacer (which is another option).
I am using: a 4"x3.5" Reducer and a 3.5" MAF pipe, 3.5 x 3.75" Reducer and Z06 MAF, then 3.75" x 4" reducer to Tin Mans 4" Cold Air Intake set up

U will need a angle adaptor aswell to get better clearance between the IAC and intake pipe . Here is how my setup is
IMG_9054.JPG

4" reducer like others said, I just did the same.
IMAG3047.jpg

I about got the new PTE6466 turbo on, but it appears that the huge 4" intake duct right where it will connect to the turbo inlet is going to be in the way of the up-pipe now.
What is everyone doing with a 4" inlet turbo?View attachment 304350
Mine cleared it's close its a cotton fm 4" 85mm Maf

Attachments

• IMG_1227.JPG
    IMG_1227.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 160
If you're going speed density would it be better to just run a filter on the turbo or still run a maf pipe?

If you're going speed density would it be better to just run a filter on the turbo or still run a maf pipe?

if you run just a cone filter on the end you're going to be sucking in all of the hot air from underneath the hood into the turbo and it could raise your IAT. Although I don't have any data to prove this this seems the be logically correct.. If you're looking to maximize performance id get a MAF pipe that was as close to the outside of your engine bay as possible, if that makes sense. That's why some people punch out their headlight and put a screen over it and place their MAF pipe opening there. the ambient temperature will usually be less than the temps under the hood. if you did want to run just a filter right off of the turbo turboguard.com makes a clean screen like filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ae9d9025397a2ad71e8798078c42a26d.jpg

Last edited:
Your car is going to be like sprinting 100m dash with a plastic bag over its head with that intercooler

Thanks for the replies. I have a 3" up pipe. I'll see what I can fit, no plenum spacer but I guess that's an option, I had one laying around somewhere from years ago.
If not, I will go with the 3.5" MAF pipe and reducers from the Turbo and to the Z06 MAF which is 3.5" I believe.

That's me, its a CAS-V4 stretch, no outa breath there.
Those tiny 90 degree bends don't restrict anything? That turbo needs to breathe! Are you running E85 or meth?
That turbo goes from mean (under 20#) to fill your pants above 25#

Those tiny 90 degree bends don't restrict anything? That turbo needs to breathe! Are you running E85 or meth?
That turbo goes from mean (under 20#) to fill your pants above 25#
Its a full 2" mandrel smooth radius, nothing like a stocker or Dutweiler neck. Also is about 4 inches longer than a stocker. For whatever reason CAS went out of business back 15+ years ago IIRC, they made great products. Output side matches the 3" uppipe. Ran a 6.89 right out of the gate with the new motor with the GT6131e turbo with only a little 1.5" output nozzle.

Awesome. I put down 489 on 5 cylinders. Found out the exhaust valve was hanging open. Further investigation, pushrods were too long. So I get the excitement of resetting the roller rockers

Thanks for the replies. I have a 3" up pipe. I'll see what I can fit, no plenum spacer but I guess that's an option, I had one laying around somewhere from years ago.
If not, I will go with the 3.5" MAF pipe and reducers from the Turbo and to the Z06 MAF which is 3.5" I believe.

If my memory serves me correct the Z06 (85mm) MAF is actually 3.75" OD so uses a 3.75" reducer.
Pretty sure that's the size I used on mine. Had to get a 3.75" x 3.5" reducer to fit on my 3.5" MAF pipe.

Fast-turbo in Haslet
Dynosaur performance in Saginaw
both would be good sources for reducers.