kirban 2 cents worth:

Just to clarify the points above., The ones we been selling are made by another company. We used to get them made several years ago.. They are not a huge seller for us. In the GNX line up of parts its the GNX style 16 by 8 wheels that are the most popular GNX item that we sell. Now if I had GNX jackets with the Molly tag in the back they would outsell any of the actual parts!!!! Or, original GNX owner manual supplements.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth:

Just to clarify the points above., The ones we been selling are made by another company. We used to get them made several years ago.. They are not a huge seller for us. In the GNX line up of parts its the GNX style 16 by 8 wheels that are the most popular GNX item that we sell. Now if I had GNX jackets with the Molly tag in the back they would outsell any of the actual parts!!!! Or, original GNX owner manual supplements.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Denis, I have your GNX louvers. They are perfect. As good or better than the real GNX ones.

I'm a little uncertain as to how fiberglass ones could be any better. Actually, I'm thinking it could be not as good. Fiberglass has less flex so if the curve isn't right it may not contour to the fender. Also, the sharper corners that define shapes are more difficult to produce. And lets not forget that sometimes you can see the ripples of the reinforcing fibers in the gel coat finish.

Mark, I'm not saying your new ones have these problems, just wondering how they could be better.

Billet aluminum maybe. <-- But not necessary and too expensive.

Denis, I have your GNX louvers. They are perfect. As good or better than the real GNX ones.

I'm a little uncertain as to how fiberglass ones could be any better. Actually, I'm thinking it could be not as good. Fiberglass has less flex so if the curve isn't right it may not contour to the fender. Also, the sharper corners that define shapes are more difficult to produce. And lets not forget that sometimes you can see the ripples of the reinforcing fibers in the gel coat finish.

Mark, I'm not saying your new ones have these problems, just wondering how they could be better.

Billet aluminum maybe. <-- But not necessary and too expensive.

Much like the twin turbo thread--if its not yours it can't be good and you feel you should run it down. Why post in a paying vendor's thread and bring up what you feel are possible problems with thier product which you have never seen or have any experience with?

Steve,

I'm not sure what your issue is with me!

But I know I have no issue with Dennis or Mark. I love, purchased and use products they both sell and have met and spoken to both of them in person and believe them both to be extremely important vendors to the TB community. It wasn't more than a 2 weeks ago that I turned some fellas here on Turbo Buick in Marks direction to get the parts they needed. And I was only 1 of 4 TRs to drive to Marks car show in central Connecticut this past summer, even after many said they would show and did not. As far as Dennis goes, we have met a thousand times. But I don't think he could pick me out of a line-up for all the money in the world. Dennis is a busy guy who has met a million people and I wouldn't expect any more of him.

What I asked of Marks new product was a totally legitimate question. And If given an opportunity to respond, I know Mark would give us a sound detailed description of his product and would respect my inquiries and understand it was without malice that I presented these questions. I would have asked him about it in person had he introduced it to me this way. And yes, I am still happy with Dennis's louvers.

What makes you think that my attitude about everything I use on my car is the best? Am I happy with all the products used on my Buick? Not even close! However, every item provided by TR Custom Parts is exactly as I wanted it to be. By now, most members here know I'm good friends with Jack Cotton. Has every product provided to me by Jack met my expectations? NO! However, when I have questions about his products, he does his best to answer these concerns and If I still don't like them I tell him why.

You must know by now I have no financial, or political interest in anything or anyone in our Turbo Buick world. I don't own a performance shop. I don't make products for sale. I don't stand to gain or lose anything from bashing or supporting a product. The only thing I confess to is hoping every Turbo Buick is built to the best of it's owners capabilities.

Who will you try to convince that I'm some egotistical ass-hole? Don't we build our cars for bragging rights? And if you think I'm trying to hurt someone, give up on that while you still can. Because every member who knows me knows this not to be the case. I sent out parts to people I don't even know, halfway across the country, for free, just because I know they needed them. I have never sold my services or a Turbo Buick part in my life! I just give my shit away.

Now, the intent of this post is not to solidify what appears to be the beginning of a drawn out hatred between you and I. It is instead to give you the opportunity to learn what so many other members already know about me. If there are others who feel the way you do, then let them read this as well. However, I'm quiet confident that my perception of my reputation is correct.

So, let this go. And move along to your next target.

Last edited:
Steve,

I'm not sure what your issue is with me!

But I know I have no issue with Dennis or Mark. I love, purchased and use products they both sell and have met and spoken to both of them in person and believe them both to be extremely important vendors to the TB community. It wasn't more than a 2 weeks ago that I turned some fellas here on Turbo Buick in Marks direction to get the parts they needed. And I was only 1 of 4 TRs to drive to Marks car show in central Connecticut this past summer, even after many said they would show and did not. As far as Dennis goes, we have met a thousand times. But I don't think he could pick me out of a line-up for all the money in the world. Dennis is a busy guy who has met a million people and I wouldn't expect any more of him.

What I asked of Marks new product was a totally legitimate question. And If given an opportunity to respond, I know Mark would give us a sound detailed description of his product and would respect my inquiries and understand it was without malice that I presented these questions. I would have asked him about it in person had he introduced it to me this way. And yes, I am still happy with Dennis's louvers.

What makes you think that my attitude about everything I use on my car is the best? Am I happy with all the products used on my Buick? Not even close! However, every item provided by TR Custom Parts is exactly as I wanted it to be. By now, most members here know I'm good friends with Jack Cotton. Has every product provided to me by Jack met my expectations? NO! However, when I have questions about his products, he does his best to answer these concerns and If I still don't like them I tell him why.

You must know by now I have no financial, or political interest in anything or anyone in our Turbo Buick world. I don't own a performance shop. I don't make products for sale. I don't stand to gain or lose anything from bashing or supporting a product. The only thing I confess to is hoping every Turbo Buick is built to the best of it's owners capabilities.

Who will you try to convince that I'm some egotistical ass-hole? Don't we build our cars for bragging rights? And if you think I'm trying to hurt someone, give up on that while you still can. Because every member who knows me knows this not to be the case. I sent out parts to people I don't even know, halfway across the country, for free, just because I know they needed them. I have never sold my services or a Turbo Buick part in my life! I just give my shit away.

Now, the intent of this post is not to solidify what appears to be the beginning of a drawn out hatred between you and I. It is instead to give you the opportunity to learn what so many other members already know about me. If there are others who feel the way you do, then let them read this as well. However, I'm quiet confident that my perception of my reputation is correct.

It's as simple as I stated. Questions about the product would be fine, but you didn't ask Mark questions about his product like you claimed, you made comments about your ideas of the inferiority of fiberglass vs plastic. This is a qoute from your post: "Actually, I'm thinking it could be not as good." That is running down a product you admit you have never seen (and that you have no need for because your already have louvers that you are happy with) and that is exactly what I was referring to in my post. You do come off as arrogant on the board and when you post its seldom to help anyone it's more often to brag or run down their set up or their ideas. Even in your reply here in this thread you mostly just bragged about yourself. You may think your reputation on the board is stellar but I got numerous PM's stating that they felt the same way I did about your post here. You are welcome to continue to tell me what a great guy you are but I have said my peace and I am over it. I will refrain from posting in any of the threads you post in so that I can avoid your lectures that usually have nothing to do with what the OP intended.

Mark, I apologize to you about this happening in your thread. It does bother me when people run down a vendor's products for no reason other than to promote themselves as experts and I let that get the better of me. I appreciate you and the other vendors on the board that support us with new products.

"Actually, I'm thinking it could be not as good."

The key word here is thinking. I stated my reasoning and was looking forward to knowing why.

You do come off as arrogant on the board and when you post its seldom to help anyone it's more often to brag or run down their set up or their ideas.

Unfortunately, I can't flood the board with thousands of posts about my vast experience with hundreds of Buicks. Because I simply only have experience with just one car. And often I admit this when trying to participate in a thread. If sharing photos of what I have done with explanations of how I did it is arrogant, then I guess none of us should bother. But I thought this is what this board was all about. More often I see ideas and strategies other board members take and see the genius in what they have done.

You are welcome to continue to tell me what a great guy you are but I have said my peace and I am over it.

Maybe you have also given your personal phone number (like I have) by way of PM to many board members across the country that you have never or will ever meet just to help talk them through a problem.

promote themselves as experts

I'm still not seeing what I stand to gain by promoting myself.

Mark, I apologize to you about this happening in your thread.

Agreed. Mark, this obviously began in another thread and has nothing to do with you.

I purchased a pair and they are worth every penny. The black repro vents are so thin and is the reason why they don't last. Both of my vents currently have cracks and are dry rotting from heat and sun exposure. I'm having the fiberglass vents painted in the next few weeks and will post pictures when I install them. Sizing is the same so fit is no issue. On this product you definitely get what you pay for.

Definately would like to see these painted and installed!! TR Customs sells nice parts and definately trust Marks decision to carry
these vents as well!! Cant wait(y)

My two cents, having a complete GNX vent kit install later this week at Richard Clarks.The vents, the middle section and the insides exactly like what came in the original GNX. Pete Hoffman made these and is bringing them to Richards shop. Have no idea what they are made of, however when done I will post pictures

My two cents, having a complete GNX vent kit install later this week at Richard Clarks.The vents, the middle section and the insides exactly like what came in the original GNX. Pete Hoffman made these and is bringing them to Richards shop. Have no idea what they are made of, however when done I will post pictures
Did you ever get them installed? Pics

Attachments

• IMG_0333.JPG
    IMG_0333.JPG
    826 KB · Views: 118