49 mile '87 GN on Ebay

Nice....a few days to go, it can only go up.....

there was a spare turbo shield in the truck...why would they put an aftermarket or coated shield on a 49 mile car..odd. Not stored very well, my 56k mile GN looks cleaner under the hood and less rust on the brackets and such.

holy shit 70K.... damn dude it wasn't too long ago that it was far-fetched to think a GNX could even pull that kind of cash!

Crazy...

it made fox news also, love the comment sections. a bunch of mustang trolls talking crap of course

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/05...k-grand-national-being-auctioned-on-ebay.html

My favorite is "if it doesn't have three pedals it's not a muscle car".

A guy I worked with bought a new Mustang GT 5 speed in '88 that said the same thing.
I told him if you have time to shift your car is too slow, it's all I can do to keep my hands from being ripped from the steering wheel once I floor it. lol

WHY WHY WHY !!!. and I thought I had a low mileage car. Is that one of the 2 GN Kirban had for sale on his website about
a year ago, they both were low mileage and around the 50K asking price ?

Nice car, real find there.Why dont the idiot at least have the thing detailed before listing it. Prob to cheap,wont even get a battery.

Where the did the body trim molding go? Why not detail it, put a battery in it, and some new hood struts on it to make it more presentable? What a disappointment. I honestly wish the present owner would just keep his late brother's car and enjoy it. But no...he's pawning it off to the next control freak owner who will continue to let the car rot just like the previous owner...and for what? I hope my GN is not my fucking legacy. You want expensive show-and-tell pieces? Collect art, not cars. I bet the next owner will wear jean shorts with a tucked in polo shirt, wear white New Balances with pulled up calf-length tube socks, and reek of mediocrity.

Nice car, real find there.Why dont the idiot at least have the thing detailed before listing it. Prob to cheap,wont even get a battery.

With 49 miles, one would expect an as off the show room floor kind of clean car.
It does have that "barn find" look to it which seems to be popular these days.
And yes I'm jealous. I wish my car only had 49 miles on it, but then again, I wouldn't have this big ol' mustang eating grin on my face either.
At least he's offering it to someone who will love it and take care of it.

B88 so it didn't come with them.

Should have the door edge guards B91.

I'm sure a battery and cleaning would only expose flaws so why bother...... ;)

Speaking of body side molding, I remember my "86 had the riveted on style that was a real PITA when my buddy did the repaint. And my Blue "87 had the stick on style. For "87 models, did they use riveted style up to a point in production? Or was it a crap shoot? Is the code B88 the one I should look for on my SPID label?
Pic for reference.

LEGEND's body side molding.png

I am trying to determine the style my current GN has. It sure would be nice to remove them if they were stick on and just clean up the adhesive. But my luck, they're the riveted style.

rivet bodyside was a dealer installed option that they would order car without and then upcharged for theirs ..more profit

Where the did the body trim molding go? Why not detail it, put a battery in it, and some new hood struts on it to make it more presentable? What a disappointment. I honestly wish the present owner would just keep his late brother's car and enjoy it. But no...he's pawning it off to the next control freak owner who will continue to let the car rot just like the previous owner...and for what? I hope my GN is not my fucking legacy. You want expensive show-and-tell pieces? Collect art, not cars. I bet the next owner will wear jean shorts with a tucked in polo shirt, wear white New Balances with pulled up calf-length tube socks, and reek of mediocrity.
Lol..... jorts!