.50 AE Desert Eagle

don't let your ego talk you into buying one!

ammo is over $1 per round.
no way can you fire 2 rounds rapid fire in the same direction.
try holding it out at arms length for over 30 secs.
strap it on your hip and try to walk.

like I said, don't let your ego think you need something like that.
buy a .40 cal, and have much more fun.
with beer money left over.

Pointless gun. Fun but pointless. The only reason I have guns is to kill someone if I have to, not just to say "I have a DE". If you want a large caliber auto .45 ACP is more than enough, but still practical.

Is it practical, no, but its a whole bunch of fun. If you want it get it. You'll likely be able to sell it for most of what you paid for it should you not like it.

Its not as heavy as some might have you believe, nor does it have earth shattering recoil. I have medium sized hands and the grip is large but not unruly.

Most dedicated gun owners have only 1 or 2 pistols that they use for defensive purposes anyways and then bunches of others for range time and fun. There's no reason why the DE shouldn't be an addition to this category.

Of course I write all of this assuming you have had experience with shooting handguns and already own a few. If not disregard everything above. :biggrin:

I've had a Desert Eagle 44 magnum, and it WAS a pointless gun, could'nt pack it on my waist, could'nt stash it anywhere, and when you shoot it.....you definitely wont hit anything close to the target. :cool:

i had a .357 DE a few years back. it was a fun gun to shoot at the range. all my friends always wanted to shoot it. i bought it used and sold it for more than i paid.

It's a nice novelty item, but a gun that I can't get a good controllable grip on? Useless. Sig Sauer baby.

The FN 57 is DEFINITELY the absolutely baddest handgun available, bar none. 20 rounds of body armor piercing, not a whole lot of recoil. Expensive ammo though.

What kind of shooting are you looking for? I use a Taurus Millennium .40 for home protection, paid $140 for it used and it sits in my nightstand. If someone breaks into my house and steals it before the cops get here I'm out little money, so I don't care as much. I carry an HK USP and an HK Compact, both in .40 and absolutely love them, but Glock is a fine weapon and less than $500 new. You can get a milspec 1911 .45 for $600 or a used Ballester Molina 1911 clone for $200 (I have two, great weapon). CZ52 is a damned hand cannon in 7.62 x 25, WILL puncture a vest, cheap ammo, very well made. Best part? Under $300 with magazines and holster.

Here's something you can use for home protection too! Don't even need to load it, the sound of you racking it will scare the hell out of anyone!

Attachments

• 870Tactical.JPG
    870Tactical.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,369
WakkoSS said:
The FN 57 is DEFINITELY the absolutely baddest handgun available, bar none. 20 rounds of body armor piercing, not a whole lot of recoil. Expensive ammo though.

What kind of shooting are you looking for? I use a Taurus Millennium .40 for home protection, paid $140 for it used and it sits in my nightstand. If someone breaks into my house and steals it before the cops get here I'm out little money, so I don't care as much. I carry an HK USP and an HK Compact, both in .40 and absolutely love them, but Glock is a fine weapon and less than $500 new. You can get a milspec 1911 .45 for $600 or a used Ballester Molina 1911 clone for $200 (I have two, great weapon). CZ52 is a damned hand cannon in 7.62 x 25, WILL puncture a vest, cheap ammo, very well made. Best part? Under $300 with magazines and holster.

Here's something you can use for home protection too! Don't even need to load it, the sound of you racking it will scare the hell out of anyone!

The ammo for the FN is cheap, if you buy the civilian legal stuff ($20 a box).

A dollar a round is cheap? To me, cheap is buying a box of 100 .45 for $14.99 at Walmart. :)

WakkoSS said:
A dollar a round is cheap? To me, cheap is buying a box of 100 .45 for $14.99 at Walmart. :)
If I'm not mistaken, Walmart pulled all their guns and ammo from all stores. They still sell hunting licenses though. Thank Micheal Mooron for that.

just get a Glock 40 it's the sweetest shooting thing out there i think.

for a cheap inexpensive gun buy a ruger P89/p95 series shoot great dependable. when i was going to the range with my buddies who are cops carrying high dollar guns ( glocks-bereatta's) i was able to shoot a group almost as tight as those guys with a cheap a$$ guns 300 bucks new it's a protection piece.

Glock is a low dollar gun in the police world, Beretta midgrade and HK the "rich man's piece". All three are fine weapons, though.

WakkoSS said:

I'm talking 5.7 rifle rounds, not .45's. Many years ago when I used to hunt, and was buying a box of 20 rifle rounds, $20 is by no means expensive

I thought about getting a DE. At the last minute I went with a Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP. It has 3" barrel and weighs 25 oz. I'm very happy with it.

I have a S/W 40 cal. and a Glock 9 mm. The advantage of the 40 and the 9 is that you can carry more ammo in the clip. When you're under duress its pretty hard to be accurate, but I still think the .45 is the way to go! :cool:

RobsIron said:
I thought about getting a DE. At the last minute I went with a Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP. It has 3" barrel and weighs 25 oz. I'm very happy with it.

Iaccurate, but I still think the .45 is the way to go!

Yep, a nice 1911 is the was to go for me. Especially in a single stack shorty version like the Ultra Carry, which is what I got as well. I put some slimline McCormick grips on it and it conceals nicely. Way nicer than my old Colt Defender which was also a 3" barrel .45.

103-0325_IMG.jpg

And just because........
fc74e16b.jpg

A couple of "rocket scientists" stopped by the house around 1AM a while back in hopes of taking a few goodies with them. When I came out of the house & they got a glimpse of the 'ole 454 Casull Super Redhawk, they decided they were at the wrong place! Hearing the Ruger bust off 2 rounds towards their little compact car, probably wasn't music to their ears either. The cannon woke the neighbors, they called the cops, & no one has bothered us ever since. Big guns-you gotta love 'em :)