65 Riviera Hybrid

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

For those of you that had been following me around for awhile you might have remembered my insane idea for a twin turbo 4.1 in 67 Skylark with corvette IRS out back.... well my ideas got too big for my skills, timetable, or pocket book so I've decided to change it all, well most of it. I'm going back to my Buick Roots, Riviera's, and its only fitting that the practically coolest engine Buick ever made should go into the coolest Riv, and IMHO coolest Buick ever made, a 65 Riviera. I'm still useing the same long block but its now just a big single turbo istead of the twin T3's, a TH200-4R instead of the switch pitch 400, and probably either the stock Riv rear or a 9" instead of the Dana 44 IRS. The timeline is also stretched out to wanting to have this on the road by March '06 and the bugs out in time for Power Tour '06. This scale back means its a bit more realistic in all aspect but it doesn't mean that this car won't grow some seriously cool stuff along the way such as a homegrown intake and/or Stage II heads, but only time and my imagination/skill will tell.

Thanks,

WAY COOL! I posted before that my idea of the coolest hybrid would be a 65 Riv. Keep me in mind when you build the thing since I've done a few power tours. I would love to see it!