700r4

Does a 700r4 have the same detent spacing as a 200 4r. I would like to use a dual gate shifter

Thanks Bill (88502)

I am going to say yes because I just took a 700r4 out of my car and put a 2004r back in. I am using a stock shifter, so your results may vary.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think you can check the detent spacing. Here is an idea. Install the shift cable completely on the transmission end. Install only the clip that holds the cable in place at the shifter. Don't install the cable end (eyelet?) to the shifter. Put the transmission in a gear detent position. Put the shifter in that same position. Does the eyelet of the shift cable line up with the post it would mount on? This check can be done in several or all gear positions.

Feel free to respond if this is not clear.

Have a great weekend,
Paul Lohr

If I had the shifter in hand I would do that but I don't have the shifter, I was trying too get an answer before I spent $500.00 on a shifter.
Thank you for the reply
Bill (88502)

Does a 700r4 have the same detent spacing as a 200 4r. I would like to use a dual gate shifter
Thanks Bill (88502)

They are the same. I went from a TH400 to a 700-R4 to a 200-4R in a vehicle and they all had the same spacing.