You can type here any text you want

73 442 Wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

samandw

Hey,

I've been looking for wheels for my GN since I bought it and couldn't find the look I wanted until last week. Unfortenately, they where on a red '73 Olds 442 parked in the Everett Costco parking lot, with no markings on them. I thought to put a note on the car after I went inside but by the time I got back out the car was gone :rolleyes:

Anybody know who's car this might be? The car appeared mostly stock except for the wheels and low-profile tires. The wheels were a beefy 5-spoke (black) design with polished rims. They had a little dustcap on the center with the oldsmobile symbol on them.

Thanks!

Originally posted by samandw
Hey,

The wheels were a beefy 5-spoke (black) design with polished rims. They had a little dustcap on the center with the oldsmobile symbol on them.

Thanks!

Could they be the Torque Thrust "D" wheels? The ones I've seen have gray spokes though, with polished aluminum rims.

Check a Summit catalogue if you have one....they show the TT wheels.

Nope,

Not the TT Wheels. They had a more modern squarish look to the spokes. Maybe I'll do a drawing of it and post it. The spokes where rectangular in cross section, with slightly rounded corners and a slight taper down from the hub to the rim. They also had an unusual section change where the lugs went, but it's really hard to describe. . .

Thanks guys!

'73 442 Wheels

Happy belated BD Samandw!
Was visiting in sunny (ha ha) Mulketeo last week, too damn expensive there!
Believe would be Super Stock Two (SSII) wheels. Come in 14" or 15"x8", with snap-on or bolt-on (much more expensive) center cap. Probably $200 for good used set. New repro's thru Year One, or Wheel Ventique (advertise in car mags) I think out of Sacramento or Tulare, Ca. Buddy here in Fresno,Ca. has several but easier & less postage get them closer. Olds guys a proud bunch but good guys & probably a club & web site in Wa.
I like em on orig cars, but the're heavy & y'd have to somehow change at least emblem on center cap., kinda old school for the cool GN (but I agree wheels are heavy/ugly). Good Luck.
...Ray

Hey thanks for the Bday wishes:)

I'm pretty sure the wheels I saw where alloy (and I think 17"), definately not stock. So they wouldn't be the Super Stock Two wheels. Thanks for the reply though:)

Back