'79 Plenum Vacuum Lines

b4black

I recived this e-mail. Can anybody help with this. (Carlos has been sent a link to this, so he will be able to read your replies). Thanks!

First off i would like to say that i like your site a lot, and i'm very happy that i found it... I have recieved a lot of info by reading on my car.... I'm 19 and being trained to be a mechanic at wheel works.... To the question though... I have a 1979 buick regal w/ a turbo. On the back of the plenum (closes to the dash) were there is three areas to put hoses, i only have to hoses going to them... One were the radiator fluid goes and the one above it... I'm believe that i'm missing the third hose that connects to the plenum that is closes to the turbo. I had to change my valve cover gaskets and in the process of putting everything back together i noticed that i didn't have a hose to put there... My question is, is there supposed to be a hose there and were does it come from..... I would really appreciate if you can respond to this as quick as possibel... this is my every day driver and i'm affraid of driving in due to not knowing what will happen if the hose that goes there isn't there. Thank you

-Carlos

Carlos,

Just checked my 78.

Three connections;

Vac. line to carb, vacuum break.

Vac. line to "AIR" diverter valve.

Small plastic pipe which goes through the firewall and may be a take-off for heater vac. controls.

Hope this helps.