You can type here any text you want

83 Malibu wagon swap...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aaron7

I already have a 3.8 229 (carb) in my wagon... and it IS a G-body... so would the 3.8GN motor swap be easy?

I have a complete 3.8 turbo setup, but no harness or ECU. Not sure what it is out of.

I was thinking about getting a complete harness on ebay (about $200) and Megasquirting it.

Thoughts? Anyone else have a turbo wagon? :tongue:

many labor hours, no sleep, busted knuckles, and a broken wallet. post a pic of your stuff.

I haven't even unwraped my Christmas present yet! I'll get the block numbers soon so I can figure out if it is a GN or a T-type motor.

It came with everything... manifolds (look custom?), oil lines, sensors, turbo, all front accessories, etc etc.

Here's a page to my wagon: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492354

2492354_20_full.jpg

2492354_19_full.jpg

a gn and t-type are the same thing, just different interrior and exterrior color. I was more trying to find out what year the engine is out of. is it a carb turbo set up? or fuel injected hot air? intercooled? the pic you took through your window is hard to make out. But doubt its an intercooled engine. More pics and info. Casting numbers dont do a thing for the guys here, just more of the top of the engine and where the turbo sits.

looks liike a hot air to me ... there is another wagon in Mass with a Buick motor.. look over on www.Nebra.org (I think thats it) .. where are ya located ??? shouldn't be a hard swap :cool:

grumpy, does it look like a hot air fuel injected engine? looks like thats a throttle body on there and an iac?

Better pix. Can someone tell me all the stuff I'm looking at? Some of it is foreign to me!

I know I have both exhaust manifolds, y-pipe, EGR, turbo with the throttle body on it, crank and water pump pulleys, clutch for fan, front acc brackets, dipstick, oil lines and such... but some of the other parts I'm unsure of!

2492354_21_full.jpg

2492354_22_full.jpg

2492354_23_full.jpg

Hot Air Setup
Vacuum lines Bracket etc
Need a Harness? got two may have the ECM too

:eek:
ITS NOT too bad to do a hybrid, but when you first have to peice the thing back together, you'd better buy a service manual. Do a good clean up on all the parts, get the engine back together real pretty, make your life easier!

I would be interested in a harness, pending price. I don't need an ECU though, as I'm going with a standalone.

Better pix. Can someone tell me all the stuff I'm looking at? Some of it is foreign to me!

I know I have both exhaust manifolds, y-pipe, EGR, turbo with the throttle body on it, crank and water pump pulleys, clutch for fan, front acc brackets, dipstick, oil lines and such... but some of the other parts I'm unsure of!

2492354_21_full.jpg

2492354_22_full.jpg

2492354_23_full.jpg

What you have is a hot air Turbo Riviera engine. Exhaust manifolds and cross over won't work in the wagon. And the turbo to intake adaptor is different. Motor mounts are different. Most of the other parts will work.

if your goin to all the trouble do a IC motor :cool: maybe even a chip to make things simple :confused:

Back