84 buick Regal limited build

84buickregal

so for the past few years i have been working on this buick on and off and in between school semesters. I bought the car for $100 and drug it out her driveway with a tow strap. The engine had a spun bearing and i never even started it.

Drivetrain: Its an 84 buick regal, but i swapped a complete Lc2 drive train out of an 87 buick turbo regal. Along with the drivetrain i swapped over the F.I tank and ran fuel fuel lines for the F.I set up vs carbed. My radiator was in terrible shape so i figured this would be a good time to upgrade to the alum F-body v8 radiator.

Body: I wanted something unique and also a sleeper. I always liked the one piece sealed beam 88 cutlass front end and 83 and older buick regal tail lights. So i swapped them on. I shaved the cutlass front bumper and also replaced my rotted doors, pulled the vinyl roof, swapped on slick-top 1/4 windows

Interior: The interior in the car was moldy and the chick was a smoker, It woulda been drawlin to re-used that stuff. I wanted to keep it column shift and re-used the 87 t-type steering wheel so i swapped 60/40 leather seats from a 91buick le saber and used some non power monte seat brackets. Also took this time to swap in my 87 Turbo t Grey door panels and interior trim panels. I also swapped over to the concert Sound II so i had to cut the non concert doors.

Suspension/steering: The stock regal suspension wouldnt do so i threw a 3rd gen WS6 larger diameter hollow front sway bar up front and kept the GN upper and lower control arms w GN swap bar out back W/ the gn 8.5 rear. I also used this time to throw on some new rear coils and an air bag to help w/ launches. I saw kirban sold frame braces for the fenders and un-body but im poor, so went to the U-pull it and yanked some fender braces from a cutlass (mine bolted up since im usein cutty fenders) and grand prix frame braces. Originally i was gonna spring for a 3rd gen fbody steering bow but i eventually decided to re-use my GN one.

This month i finally got it painted @ a local maaco, they let me do all the labor @ their facility and even let me use all their tool, supplies and best of all...AC lol. I still need a regal rear bumpers, rear filler panels, hook up the tranny cooler and oil cooler, a 2 1/2 exhaust, replace carpet/dye old carpet? swap power seat brackets, swap in nicer 91 park ave seats, replace ebrake cables. Future mods are to box the u/lCA, 4.1 Turbo budget build, Swap in a grand Prix Dash so i can run some real gauges and swap over some 99 16x8 alum s10 wheels, a/c and climate control and a 78-80 cutlass aluminum hood.

Attachments

• me4.jpg
    me4.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,018
  • me5.jpg
    me5.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,013
  • me6.jpg
    me6.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,000
  • me7.jpg
    me7.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 995
  • me8.jpg
    me8.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,006
a few more

more pics for now. My tinted 1/4 windows (Ima young bull an we like our tints), side view, car in paint jail and another misc one.

Attachments

• me3.jpg
    me3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 985
  • me9.jpg
    me9.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 988
  • me10.jpg
    me10.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 995
  • me11.jpg
    me11.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 959
Special thanks to Anthony @ maaco for being willing to giude a young bull through the labor of bodywork, Without these cats my buick would still be ugly. Also a special thanks to Jon & Tony @ Esp performance out in Pottstown, PA. Jon & Tony are a wealth of info for anything turbo buick. Not only are these cats reasonably priced for the service provided but also understanding an willing to work with the little guy who is a do-it-urselfer. Without their help and guidance my buick would be another turbocharged paper weight. These guys are Phili, natives like myself, which automatically equals coolness!Soon ill up load pics of my boy's, also a TB member, low 11s capable TTA.

i'm glad to see you did it your self. if you didn't know i had a how to do body work thread in the how to section, that might have helped you out. i like the idea you did with the front. over all it looks good.

a few more pics

as promised here is Robs TTA, my buick @ esp and the s10 wheels i want.

Attachments

• me12.jpg
    me12.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 938
  • robs tta.jpg
    robs tta.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 931
  • 2001%2520Chevy%2520s10%2520Xtreme%2520A.jpg
    2001%2520Chevy%2520s10%2520Xtreme%2520A.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 931