8445 head id

pluke

I have two sets of 8445 turbo heads. One set off my 86 T Type and one I purchased off of EBay. My T Type heads have a larger squared off exhaust valve guide boss. The EBay 8445 heads have identical valve guide bosses for both intake and exhaust. Also on my 86 head, there was a stem seal only on the intake valve. Any information as to the differences. Thanks.

Paul

Oops meant to say the the larger boss is a round guide but flat(squared off) at top, sharp parallel shoulder.

I have two sets of 8445 turbo heads. One set off my 86 T Type and one I purchased off of EBay. My T Type heads have a larger squared off exhaust valve guide boss. The EBay 8445 heads have identical valve guide bosses for both intake and exhaust. Also on my 86 head, there was a stem seal only on the intake valve. Any information as to the differences. Thanks.

Paul
Stock heads came with the intake valve stem seals only when the heads are rebuilt if the person knows what they are doing they will cut down the exhaust guide and add a seal on the exhaust .

Don't forget that if you cut the exhaust guides down for seals, you will have to replace the exhaust valves if they are stock due to the notch in the stem. Aftermarket stems are smooth and will not tear up the seals.

Don't forget that if you cut the exhaust guides down for seals, you will have to replace the exhaust valves if they are stock due to the notch in the stem. Aftermarket stems are smooth and will not tear up the seals.
Thanks for the information

One more thing... There's no such thing as ''turbo heads''. 8445s are 8445s. They're all the same.

On a side note, whoever modified your guides on the eBay heads, might have opened up the bowls too. That's a biggie right there.

Aren't the exhaust valves on the turbo heads different from those of a N/A head? In the sense that they are more heat resistant?

I know that isn't the same as a head casting question, but if true is worth mentioning.

RemoveBeforeFlight