85 with 87 ecm

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
My question is do I need to switch my ecm back to 85 in order to smog my car yesterday the smog tech made up some bs like the car won't stabilize at one speed so he couldn't finish the test he said the car feels like it will jump off his dyno he was scared sounds like the spool scared him. What do you guys think? Oh yeah I'm in Cali

There was a chick first she tried twice and said when she's trying to get the car to stabilize at a certain speed it won't, then she said "it must have a misfire" then she called the boss he tried and he said the same thing. It seems to me they were afraid when the turbo started to spool. The car is not missing, should I just try another shop

Oh yeah the chick looked confused (n)before she got started, lots of head scratching, literally..... I was lmao. She says to me "it must have a misfire or its running rough because when I try to get it up to speed the rpm shoot up and the car feels like it's gonna jump of our machine" :nailbiting: then she called the boss for help. They didn't charge me they said basically they couldn't finish the test.

I would take it to another shop. People these days I swear.
Thanks for the feedback bro, I talked to my cousin who was a smog tech and he laid into me because I didn't do a body of chassis, it could be a lot of things and how I need to put the car back 100% stock instead of the 98% it's at now, and my main question was, Do sometimes smog techs screw up? But you just answered that for me. Thanks I'm headed to another shop later today

People have been flunked on the visual for some of those mods you list. But maybe the fact you didn't just proves the shop really didn't know what they're doing. Now if you go somewhere where they do know, maybe they WILL flunk you on the visual!

Love the California lifestyle.