You can type here any text you want

86 Camaro almost ....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UR50SLO

The Reaper
Now.. if I can just get the parts in the car it'll be done! :D

Hard to have motovation when there is snow on the ground but I'm making progress every week so I can get this down to the nationals!

Hope to see you all there~
Scott~

Attachments

• 86Hybridcamaro1.JPG
    86Hybridcamaro1.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 283
Hmmmm…… Where did that other Turbo V6 engine go that I saw in front of your Camaro last week when I stopped by a visited you? That little Buick Skyhawk that was parked on the lift did not have an engine it. It looks like a Turbo V6 would be a tight fit into that car. Am I putting two and two together here? Hmmm.

Any way, Good Luck on getting the Camaro done for Bowling Green.

Thanks for the help on my wife’s car. It looks so different with out all those holes in the floor. No more Flintstones car, Hurray:smile: :biggrin: :D !!!

I thought you sold your Camaro, or is this another one? Any way what is that 5" pipe for exhost or air inlet? Were ever its going i want to see it, biggers always better right.;)

Sam: The engine in this pic is the one going into the Camaro. The other one is for the 85 car that get's the intercooled swap. Your welcome for the help on your wifes car... if we are going to make the nats with it we better get in gear! See you sunday for more welding fun!

88ZNX....
I bought the 5" downpipe adaptor from RJC and the other peice on the floor will get welded to the RJC and continue down under the car to 4" where it get's flattened and split into duel 3" which is already under the car.

The car in the back ground I bought off a customer that I built it for. We did sell the other Camaro with the buick engine in it> We then bought that 400.00 Mustang and the engine out of that Camaro now resides in the Mustang.(orange one)

I need to make a 4" inlet for the turbo and I think I'm going to copy your intercooler pipe routing except I'll cut the coresupport and lower it a few inches so I can put the tubes down a bit since I want to keep the stock hood.
It's only better to run a big downpipe and turbo.
I'm going to build a stage motor. This is all setup for stage. All I'll have to change when I have the stage engine built is valve springs and block. Turbo,trans,converter ect all are matched up for stage. I just hope this girdle'd stock block will get me by for a few years till I get another engine together.
Here's my parts as of now: 76GTQ,FMIC,5"DP,FAST,83lb INJ,109blockw/girdle,studs,crower rods&JE's,Stage style heads fully ported,TH400Trans with brake and 9.5" Billet converter (35-3700Stall) 9" with 3:50gears 28tall tire. Liftbars and coil overs.
I've never had a car with a trans brake... I think I'm going to crap my self:biggrin:

Did you have a problem with a girdled block and the stock crossmember? :confused: I think I read somewhere you did. I think I'll just cut out the top of my crossmember and move it down a inch and re-weld. I'm not going to raise the pads. I'll go with the tubular K member when I go stage.
~Scott

Cool man, I'd like to see that DP when its finished!:biggrin:

Mine is a 3 1/2 that goes into a 4" mufflex system. sounds nasty too!

It's going to look great but it won't make much more power than a 3.5" downpipe if I had to guess.
I realy want the car to still be quiet like it was before but I doubt I'll get that lucky.

Just want the car out and to have some fun... been a long time since I've been able to have my own car done. Family and customers have come first for quite awhile... 8yrs 4days and 35min to be exact.. .Lol...

Hope your able to make it to the Nats... that'll be fun!
~Scott

I learned my lesson from the ride you gave me in your wife’s Typhoon. I definitely will not be getting into the Camaro with a cup of soda pop with a spill proof lid. I was pretty pissed at myself for not listening to you when you said get ready, then you launched that Typhoon at about 10 lbs of boost, and needless to say that with all wheel drive, on the street it hooked, next I was wearing my soda. It won’t happen again. Especially in that Camaro with a trans brake.

See you Sunday.

UR50SLO, great to see you're still working on the Camaros! You're making me regret selling mine "somewhat".:D

Come on ,,,more pics............... I have a TTA that we talked aboutmany months ago going for paint then it will need the GN motor put in... :cool: :cool:

UR50SLO, great to see you're still working on the Camaros! You're making me regret selling mine "somewhat".

I don't know... I like the GN with the Cowl hood... Looks Cool!!!

Come on ,,,more pics............... I have a TTA that we talked aboutmany months ago going for paint then it will need the GN motor put in...
Cool!!! That'll be nice! I should have' all my projects wraped up by spring so maby I can give ya a hand... :)

Who built a fast Typhoon????
My wife's Daily Driver is a 92 Typhoon... We had a mishap at the Nats last year and I ended up building a new engine for it. I'm running it till spring with the stock turbo and downpipe. In the spring I'll put on a Duel Ball bearing 61mm turbo, 50lb/hr injectors and re-tune it. I run the Tuner Pro/Auto Prom from Welcome to www.moates.net! : Moates.Net on the truck. It's able to map trace,data log and change every perameter in real time just like fast. I wish the GN ecm's were as nice as the Typhoon's. There'd be less aftermarket ECM's sold!
I hope to put the truck in a conservitive tune and run high 11's on pump gas. It was running 13.10 basicly stock and a little tuning. The stock turbo runs out of air about 2nd gear.
It's the look on people's faces or coke on their clothes that make launching a Typhoon or Syclone so much fun :biggrin:
I'll post some more pic's in the next week or so when I get some time to work on it more.
~Scott

Attachments

• 86hybridcamaro2.JPG
    86hybridcamaro2.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 173
Cool, I'm going to have to keep in touch with you about the Ty's.....mine is all stock and my tranny is basically going out; I blew out OD when I was trying to impress a friend, no coke on anybody's shirt.......:frown:

That's a tough one....

You can build up a 700R4 and pray it holds up or spend the extra money once and know you've got a bullet proof transmission with a 4L80E. When my wife's go's out I know I'll be putting in a 4L80E for sure. She races it and it's worth the extra money to know it's not going to be a problem.
Plan on spending between 3-5000 on the trans :eek:
Or you can spend 2000 on each 700R rebuild and still have the breakable POS.
I'd run a 4L80E in my Camaro if I had the extra money.. they are NICE!
If you've ever got questions feel free to e-mail me any time on the Typhoons.
Here's a pic of the engine bay of her truck.

Attachments

• Tyfrtmount1.JPG
    Tyfrtmount1.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 165
  • passidengine.jpg
    passidengine.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 179
Back