You can type here any text you want

87 GN, built engine, best of the best

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbosam6

My cars suck
I'm selling my 87 GN, I've owned it for about 6 years and I love the car but I rarely drive it and have no time to play with it. I have other priorities right now and the GN is not one of them. This car is clean, fast, and well built. I spared no expense building this car, and it shows. I'm sure I will forget some stuff, but heres my list so far:

The car:
87 GN, hardtop, clear title and clear carfax, 50K on the body, new paint about 2 years ago, fiberglass bumpers and filler panels, all body mounts and GNX bushings installed, tinted glass, new airdams, new weatherstrip with paint, power antenna (works), newer Cd player with all new speakers and Alpine amp, A/C and heat work, Weld rims, M/T tires, Hurst shifter with line lock button, line lock, upgraded rear brakes, Moser axles, rear end girdle, metco upper and lower control arms, HR parts rear bar, lakewood shocks front and back, rear airbags, metco DSSL, mint interior with many BFH accents, power 6 floor mats, all power accessories work (PW, PL, cruise, tilt, PS, etc), VDO and autometer gauges in pillar and console, 5" tach with shift lite, and I also have the Kirban window hardware kit with the Pete Serio book to include with the car.

The drivetrain:
Nick Micale built motor with about 500 miles on it, stock block, rods, and crank with steel center caps and girdle, CP pistons, comp 212 roller cam, GN1 heads with T&D roller rockers and comp pushrods, HV oil pump, champion intake, PTE plenum with accufab 70mm TB, power plate, PTE FM, F.A.S.T. w/ WB, 75# injectors with new harness, GT67 turbo (new), ported and welded Dwight Hayden headers, postons crossover, 3.5" THDP with dump, ATR single shot (3"), ALKYCONTROL system, PTE turbo saver, all new hoses, RJC pulleys, ramchargers dual fan, CAS aluminum radiator, oil and trans coolers, Optima battery, new high amp alternator, Quad air volt booster, GN1 valve covers, and 4" turbo inlet pipe.

Bowlers Transmission 200R4 with about 1500 miles on it, original tranny. ALL the PTS stuff, fully rollerized bearings, billet forward drum assembly, deep pan with sump, 3200 vigilante stall convertor, billet servo, ALL the goodies. We basically ordered one of everything PTS had. This tranny rocks, Bowlers is the BEST.

Misc.
New heater core and valve, cheap laptop included, headlight covers, and probably a bunch of stuff I forgot.

Car made 420 RWHP on pump gas. The only problem right now woth the car is a small oil leak on one of the valve covers. It could also use a better tune on the FAST, but it runs good now.

Price is $22,500 and pics are available by email at turbosam6@yahoo.com. Located in Champaign Il. Many members have seen this car and can attest to the cleanliness and quality. Please no lowballers and no joyrides. I don't need the $$$ but I can't stand to see the car sit so much and time is not going to be available for me for awhile. I think selling it is the best thing for me at this time. Thanks!

Where are you at? I went out in my garage and there are 2 cars ahead of mine :)

WOW Sam,sorry to hear you are getting rid of the GN,,Best of luck to you and the Family,our boy is 7 weeks old today :cool:
you gonna put a turbo on that Z28 car.... :cool:

Congrats on the baby Dennis! Yeah, I will miss her but I feel like I'm neglecting it letting it sit and with the new baby, the wedding, and trying to buy a bigger house time is just not available for me. I have 2 toys and barely drive one.

I must admit, I'm a chevy guy at heart. I love my GN, but now that I have less time I sometimes need to pay to have work done to my cars and NO ONES touching the GN, it'll just get screwed up. Been there, done that. My camaro is just as fast, and theres some shops within a decent drive to have stuff done if need be. I've only put 3000 miles on this car in the time I've owned it, mostly due to other people screwing stuff up. Now that its finally all worked out and "done", I find myself unable to enjoy it.

Sadly, the money will be better invested in a bigger house which we really need badly. I will probably get another project before too long, but not another buick. For the $$$ invested its just too expensive, and in a world of 9 and 10 second street cars, chevys and mustangs are way cheaper to build. I liked being different and kicking ass with a V6, its been fun, but I want to go faster than a stock block can take me.

I must say, however, that I still consider the buick community to be the BEST ever, I will always visit here and will always hang with the buick guys I've met. Thats the downside of chevys and mustangs, they are nothing like the buick guys. Truly some of the most awesome poeple I've ever met. I've never had a bad dealing with anyone here, whereas I've been ripped a couple times with mustang guys. We are truly "fast with class".

Heres a pic with the draglites:

Attachments

• small pic.jpg
    small pic.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 433
ANYONE who buys this car will be more than happy. I have never ridden in it, however I have seen the numbers and seen the car in person several times. This is a top notch street car that can whoop some ass at the track. Sam doesn't have junk...all of his stuff is done right. Sorry I don't have a stack of $$ laying around or I would jump on it!

sell me just tranny....please!!!!!! :redface:

Thanks Tom for the kind words!

Call up my guy (Bowlers) and he will hook you up, best in the biz for trannies!

I might try to ebay this car pretty soon.......

Sold

Consider it Sold. :eek:

Sam,

Give me a Call on my Cell, off to Seattle in the AM.
907-590-0592

Thanks Bro..

Dennis

thanks

turbosam6 said:
SOLD to Dennis, take care of her buddy! :cool:

Dont worry she is in good hands. Will be right at home in the garage tucked in next to the GSX.

Thanks Sam, love the car :biggrin: . Put some miles on her tonight on the streets of Indy keeping the the boost low till I get to know her well. Joe Lubrant helped me out and sent me a couple programs for the fast. It cured the idle issue and now working toward getting her dialed in. Have alot to learn on the fast system.

Dennis

Dennis

Dude go to bed! Its like 1:30 A.M.! You'd better catch up on some sleep bro!

I'm still recovering from getting my clock cleaned in poker tonight. As one friend said "We all took a piece of the GN tonight!" Oh well, its still fun.

Talk to you later!

Got to meet Dennis and got to check out his new ride when he was here in Indy over the weekend.Very nice GN for sure.Dennis is a first class guy.Took him to our local cruise spot and hung out for awhile.Unfortunately there weren't as many cars as usual since it had rained earlier in the day but I think he had a good time anyway.

Back