You can type here any text you want

88 Mustang GT

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Havent posted in awhile, so...
Last Night: Okay, theres this little car group the next town over that I always see parked in this krogers parking lot. About 3/4 of them are mustangs/capris, so I think to myself "hum.... GN buffet - better pull in there and see what I feel like snacking on tonight!" Pull in, and the car gets flocked to. They were cool at first, and offered to line me up against a 98 GT mustang. So I said sure, we ran from a dig and it was pointless for him - put like 2 1/2 - 3 cars on him pretty easily.

We go back to the krogers, and theres a new addition to their pony pack - a maroon 88 GT on Hoosier slicks with skinnys out front. Guy comes up and says "allright....I'll give your 6 banger 3 chances to take this $20 from me" So, I accept and we head out to race. First run I spun bad and didnt have enough oomf to reel him back in. 2nd Race we were dead-even till about my 3rd gear then he pulled his back bumper up to about my door. 3rd Run I get a good launch and he nails it and is GONE. Gone.....Gone....more gone than before....embarassing gone. X__X

I pull back into the parking lot and I get the works: "So whats it like getting reamed by a v8 on bottle?! I didnt see anything grand - guess its just an OKAY national! 6s cant run with 8s didnt anyone ever tell you that as a kid? Shoulda bought a mustang! HAHAHAHA" I drove home, put the Buick in the garage, kicked the bumper and havent slept since....:mad: :mad:

Buy some Alky and turn the boost up!! And get ready to tell em" Hows it feel to lose to a v6 on alky"!!!

Hey you can't win them all. I remember my friends subby killing my GN. I bought some bolt on power and sodomized his car...4 times.. :biggrin:

tell him that it's pretty sad that a light mustang with a V-8 needed a bottle to beat your pig of a buick with a little v-6.

next time tell him to leave the bottle off. If he starts the "you got a turbo BS" remind him that he has 2 more cylinders and 71 more ci's

tell him that it's pretty sad that a light mustang with a V-8 needed a bottle to beat your pig of a buick with a little v-6.

next time tell him to leave the bottle off. If he starts the "you got a turbo BS" remind him that he has 2 more cylinders and 71 more ci's

and then tell him at least my turbo came stock with my car. its not a bolt on.... lol... dont fret they pony cru. remind him that his car came out in 1964 with intentions on targeting women as its audience... need i say more:rolleyes:...

Like they said 60lbs inj, alky and tune up the boost!!!!!! An go back and kick his F***ing teeth in. Kill them all.

Tell them, That Mustang was made as a secretary's car.. that always pisses them off. hahahahaha

that true. i work at a ford dealership. and i get crap all day about my buick. but i always remind them your car was mad for a woman.... how sad....:rolleyes:

I'd never start the excuse thing with them !! Don't bring a knife to a gun fight :p Back in 86 I did the same thing to a Mustang with the GN.. Sprayed it an watched him in the rear view mirror :cool:

They also didn't paint Grand Nationals Pink, Baby Blue or Binky Yellow....can't say the same for Mustangs...

By the way...I had a similar run in with a 56 Shoebox Chevy several months back before I had the roller cam and the 6265DBB.

I was beating him, and then all the sudden he opened the bottle...or another stage...and he went right around me.

Later we're along side and before he could talk, he had to unpin his plexiglass window and let it down by hand....the thing had a full cage in it and only the bare essentials in the interior...:rolleyes:
Unless he has another stage in there...I'll take him next time...I'm a lot faster now than I was back then.

Win some you lose some.
Get the stuff the guys are suggesting, turn up the boost and go give it another shot...

thanks

Thanks guys! Yeah - I was makin these runs only 18PSI boost and seein 12.3AFRs @ 44PSI fuel pressure, so I know Ive got a lil bit more with some 100oct and a few more clicks in the MAF translator. I do really want bigger injectors and a sticky tire again, but alky is not for me. If I can get it to hook and get out on him enough he'll be hard pressed to reel me back in even spraying, No? :)

It was a hustle.

Someone probably made a phone call while you were racing the '98, and got the '88 out. Or the guy was on his way there and he needed to show off to some 17 y/o girl and the rest of his pony entourage.

I learned a long time ago that there's always someone faster than me, but the faster I get the harder they are to find :biggrin:

Thanks guys! Yeah - I was makin these runs only 18PSI boost and seein 12.3AFRs @ 44PSI fuel pressure, so I know Ive got a lil bit more with some 100oct and a few more clicks in the MAF translator. I do really want bigger injectors and a sticky tire again, but alky is not for me. If I can get it to hook and get out on him enough he'll be hard pressed to reel me back in even spraying, No? :)

18#s of boost I'd say your goin to get another asswhooping :p Alky sucks. I heard it blows up motors :rolleyes:

Umm... you better be getting your tune in check first, or the next thing you'll be racing is the clock changing headgaskets.

12.3 A/F ratio at WOT & 44 PSI fuel pressure with 18 lbs boost:eek::eek::

At 18 lbs boost, your FP should be 61 PSI at minimum. And a safe A/F at WOT should be 12.0 or under.

So you lost to this car, big deal. It's pretty obvious he was toying with you & even when he walked away from you, my guess is he was still toying with you.

Oh, and you don't need bigger injectors. 42 lb'ers are good for 500 HP, and you're nowhere near 500 HP.

So your low 12 sec car got beat by a minimum weight, V8 (probably built) car with nitrous.....where's the suprise. It does appear that your combo is worth much more than low 12s however...better luck next time.

... & 44 PSI fuel pressure with 18 lbs boost:eek::eek::

At 18 lbs boost, your FP should be 61 PSI at minimum.

Not trying to be snotty....just correcting a couple minor details...

Me thinks he was just saying 44psi at idle line-off...and at WOT full boost....his pressure should be 44+18=62psi:biggrin:

Not trying to be snotty....just correcting a couple minor details...

Me thinks he was just saying 44psi at idle line-off...and at WOT full boost....his pressure should be 44+18=62psi:biggrin:

Damn 5th grade education:mad:

I hope that he means 44 PSI line off too, but that means nothing as far as performance setup goes IMO.

I wouldn't feel bad. For every one GN killed by a stang there at least 5 stangs killed by a GN. Just remind him what was happening in the 80's. Take the advice offered above, add alky, get your A/F into 11.8 - 12.0 and turn up the wick. His car was probably stroked too, who knows 347 or bigger, and how much nitrous. I would have run him 3 or 4 more times till his bottle ran out. I would have told him you were stock too. Did you have a sticky tire on???? If not I wouldn't bother. With stock radials I light em up at anything under 50 mph!

Agree with everything already said. There is always, always someone faster and you definitely can't win them all. And yes, I'll garuantee you that you got hustled. No way around it.

You got beat by low weight, big engine Mustang on a even bigger shot. I'd probably loose too.

In my opinion, alcohol is the BEST mod you can make to a TR. Im running 27psi of boost on the original motor all day every day I take the car out.

Get yourself a set of good tires as well and go kill them all.

The only way to fight fire... is WITH fire! :biggrin:

Back