94 Jaguar swap

91dime

Drop & Destroy
Mar 8, 2007
Moundsville WV, 26041
Has anyone ever completed, or even seen a Buick 3.8 dropped into a Jaguar? Searching on here I only found it mentioned in a few threads. Searching on some of the Jaguar groups I belong to, swapping anything into them really is frowned upon. Most of those people are purist types.
I purchased a 94 XJ6 Vanden Plas earlier this year to be a daily driver. It’s a strong running car, but it has a lot of miles and I keep leave well alone. I have considered all the normal engines people swap, but I would love to drop a turbo Buick engine in it. There is plenty of room. The car is heavier than a stock regal of the turbo era. I’d say by about 4-600lbs and that worries me somewhat. I feel like I should be putting a V8 in but I’m sure the Buick engine can handle it no problem. I just want a unique, kinda quick family car.
I’ll attach a few pics of the car. It was a steal for $500.
Any thoughts or opinions?

Attachments

Reactions: juan89

jlat

Jun 3, 2009
hello people; I would try and rebuild the engine that's in it or maybe they sell a remanufactured one. But I went to that big swap meet in Pa. once and someone there put a big American V8 in a XKE . They had the hood opened as it tilts forward but I thought he ruined it. That's me but good luck it could be fun?
IBBY

Kris

Aug 28, 2018
How about using AJ16 supercharged straight six jaguar engine? i have one on my 95 Xjr and i like it, its not most powerful out there but pulls heavy car nice, it came stock with 326 hp / 378 lb -ft. Those cars and engines are cheap and they come with 4l80E transmission.

91dime

Drop & Destroy
Mar 8, 2007
Moundsville WV, 26041
How about using AJ16 supercharged straight six jaguar engine? i have one on my 95 Xjr and i like it, its not most powerful out there but pulls heavy car nice, it came stock with 326 hp / 378 lb -ft. Those cars and engines are cheap and they come with 4l80E transmission.
I have thought about going that route. The stock straight 6 currently has 162xxx miles and has been good to me so far. I knew the v12 cars had 4l80Es I didn’t know the later supercharged ones did as well? I picked up a GN engine 12 years ago to put in my s10 and decided to do the cookie cutter sbc swap. I’ve been dieing to find something to drop it in. I actually wanted to buy an 80s Mercedes diesel for the transplant but this was too clean and the price was right.

These cars had V12s so there is a ton of room. I just worry about the weight, at 4150lbs that’s quite heavier than the regal. I want to keep all the creature comforts this car has including AC so I don’t plan to shave any weight. Do you all this this is not a good candidate for a Buick V6?

Kris

Aug 28, 2018
My Xjr has 136000 miles, i dont think it needs overhaul in near future, its a strong engine.

6 Cyl supercharged Xjr's had 4l80e, 8 Cyl supercharged models had ZF i think.

Difference between Eaton charged Jaguar and TA49 boosted GN is waiting that 1-2 second before turbo spools, Jaguar starts spinning tires right when you hit the throttle.