Revolution X 9.5 NLU Converter

Funny how these converter threads, much like the "whats the best oil" threads, take on a life of its own. Lol. This tread was never about which converter is the best, NL vs LU, or locking at WOT, but somehow we always end up there. Lol. Regardless, I do appreciate everyone's perspective.

Honestly I wonder if a ptc would have netted me a better et than what I’m running now. My only other converter experience is with a real old school art carr 16930 in a Buick and Dave’s converter does drives better. I asked many vendors if I switched to a ptc would I pick up et and not one of them could say yes. Talking to Dave his experience is that the ptc will mph better but will not et like his converter. We are talking 1/4 mile not 1/8. From what I gather from him is the ptc locks down early so that effects et cause it puts a load on the motor to soon. He did say if your running faster than say a 9.80s a ptc would be better. But he does have a converter that will compete with the ptc it’s around 1100 if I remember correctly. In the end I’m happy with my results.

Ps. I did have a ptc in my nitrous small block nova and I loved that converter over a pro torque and a Hughes. But that’s a different animal.

Funny how these converter threads, much like the "whats the best oil" threads, take on a life of its own. Lol. This tread was never about which converter is the best, NL vs LU, or locking at WOT, but somehow we always end up there. Lol. Regardless, I do appreciate everyone's perspective.
It's winter and guys are getting cabin fever. Lol

The Rev-X may work very well for what you are trying to do. Some guys can replace a converter and test in a few hours. With me it takes months. Lol!

"I" wouldn't waste time and money replacing it, unless my trust is at 100%, and I had data to determine current baseline performance.

For my car with the 45A, spool up was terrible, so my decision was easy.

Bottom line how fast do you want to go ? And how much racing you goin to do ? I know I know everyone here races every week threw the racing season . :p Drivin on the street 90% of the time ? 400-500-600-700+hp ? We drove the hell out of our street cars for years. 11 sec stockers with stock D5s to High 9s @ 135+ With a POS 9/11 LU converter that we locked up RACING to :eek:. Lots of highway driving hours at a time ya can't beat a LU ..Opinions are ...well ya know !! :geek:

Bought the 9/11 after your recommendation in 2007 never looked back. lock it at wot no probs ...thanks Dan

At the end of the day, we are weighing 3 *main* choices:
-PTC
-Husek
-Rev-X

PTC has the most data posted, and is used in the majority of the fastest cars.

Husek is credited with making a great converter, but very few are willing to post data. Cost less than PTC.

Rev-X is said to be a Husek copy, and costs less. No real data posted.

I have no dog in this fight, and my decision was based on data and trust, not cost.
Thanks for posting this. Bison posted his experience with the Rev-X a few years back. When he comments on a particular product, it's probably wise to listen. So I did, and that's what lead me to create this thread. Although his review was very favorable I haven't seen much talk about this particular converter after that and was curious why, that's all.

I noticed through the years that the Husek converter does appear to be a tad quicker in the 660' than the PTC; Lower mph, but quicker ET).

PTC appears to be better through the 1320's, most likely because it couples harder(?).

Most (self included) wouldn't know or care about the difference though, because we are not racing enough to have any consistency and associated data for the changes made.
I like this. I know you posted something similar in another converter thread but its good to have here because my secondary question (which I never got to) was if there was a converter preference for 1/8 vs 1/4.

I have real world data on 9 different convertors including build, ET/MPH and short times from locals cars. I have a pretty good idea of what works...and what doesn't. Good luck to the OP with whatever you choose. :)

For my car with the 45A, spool up was terrible, so my decision was easy.
That’s a big turbo lol

Agree it’s a very good thread. Thanks for starting and taking the time.

lmao Would I be ruining it if I asked who copied who ?(Dave or FTS) ? Hit the LIKE button if imma a hole.

I have real world data on 9 different convertors including build, ET/MPH and short times from locals cars. I have a pretty good idea of what works...and what doesn't. Good luck to the OP with whatever you choose. :)

ur right about the Real Art Carr . Slips at a higher percentage rate but ET’s excellent. Friends had them.

Is that the one you use?

I like this. I know you posted something similar in another converter thread but its good to have here because my secondary question (which I never got to) was if there was a converter preference for 1/8 vs 1/4.
Coupling hard may be a necessity, IF the car goes from 5 psi to 30 psi in less than a second. If the converter doesn't couple hard enough around the flash stall, the rpm may jump and exceed what the engine can take.

I recall seeing a few screenshots of logs of the 9.5 PTC before the board crashed (various cars) and IIRC, the flash didn't vary much 1-3rd gear. (~250 rpm?). That pretty much sold me. Never seen or studied logs on other converters.

Does it mean the PTC better? It depends. . . Lol

I noticed through the years that the Husek converter does appear to be a tad quicker in the 660' than the PTC; Lower mph, but quicker ET).
the husek converter has the torque advantage like the old ac but doesnt slip like the ac.i liked the way it drove and hit,but i have driven alot of good converters in these cars that can get the job done depending on the distance.a husek lockup and a ptc are very different converters,they drive differently and require a different approach to laying down the power

PTC appears to be better through the 1320's, most likely because it couples harder(?).
depends on the surface your running on and how power is being applied,which is part of the reason why some cars need a higher slip number to et better.

Coupling hard may be a necessity,
yup,if you have alot of power to throw at it quickly and have the traction and the chassis dialed in ,coupling is a do or die thing.this is where the ptc will shine which is why alot of the fastest stuff out there benifits from lower slip numbers.