You can type here any text you want

A case for drag radials...lost to a Z06

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Well....I finally met my match.
I got spanked by a Vette today.:frown:
at least it wasn't a Honda or some other fart can car.

I played cat and mouse with this guy last week, but we didn't get lined up.
Today he was in my rear view mirror as I rolled up to a red light on Trabuco between Bake and Lake Forest with an empty lane next to me, and he moved into it. No cars ahead so I was pretty sure it was on.
Younger guy....probably in his late 20's with a huge fro' jamming to speed metal.
The light went green and being on street tires I had to roll into it,...that was the begining of the end cuz he just nailed it. I floored it all the way a little too soon and lit the tires off for a couple hundred feet while he opened the gap to about 2 lengths. I finally stopped the wheels from spinning and he stopped getting farther away, but it was over. there was no way I'd catch him before we reached my top end and he started to pull again....we both got out of it at the same time.

I got along side him and we were both laughing.
I yelled, "That's it...I'm getting me some drag radials!"
He said, "Yup...you were spinning them pretty good."
We laughed a little more then he turned into his neighborhood as I continued home.

If I didn't have the traction issues, I know I would have stayed even with him start to finish....maybe even edged him.

Lou!
Permission to add more boost please?

I'm going to blow up your avitar, print it to decal, stick it in my rear window and go Z06 hunting this weekend.

Look to the vette boards for the chicken wearing vette eater that came out of nowhere.

Yep you aint winning if your spinning, more boost wont solve your problem rooster, you need traction to win races, Traction is my problem also so your not the only one.. ;)

Guess I need to rub his paint a little off the line to slow him down enough to get around him.....:D

...or invest in some Drag Radials.

I'm throwing money at fixing my A/C system and covnerting it to R134 right now....gotta get that done before it get's too hot. Aint no joy in driving around in a black car without A/C when the temps are over 90F

After that I need to replace my rear bumper fillers...they are fragging.

After that...maybe....some DR's.....but I really should upgrade my cooling system...Thinking F-Body radiator conversion....cheap and effective.

I'm going to blow up your avitar, print it to decal, stick it in my rear window and go Z06 hunting this weekend.

Look to the vette boards for the chicken wearing vette eater that came out of nowhere.

I can just email ya the big version since I made it for him.

yup DR's Tim.... I just bumped my timing 1st/2nd upto 25degrees...pulls better..alot better:biggrin:

Oh no....... our hero goes down! Oh well, you still have a great win/loss percentage. Now go get those drag radials now young man! :mad: :rolleyes: :smile:

I can just email ya the big version since I made it for him.

yup DR's Tim.... I just bumped my timing 1st/2nd upto 25degrees...pulls better..alot better:biggrin:

Yup..Mike is the artist behind the sig pic

Hey, Mike...e-mail me those files again ( tpidcock@pwav.com )...I lost the other ones somehow.

I could probably play with the timing a bit. I'm still riunning TT's out of the box settings in my chip. I get zero knock retard at 20psi and with my Alky set at 5.5, and my O2's are over 800, so I have room to play with fuel and or timing.

Like forcedfed said...more boost will just make me spin more until I get the DR's on this thing.

Oh no....... our hero goes down! Oh well, you still have a great win/loss percentage. Now go get those drag radials now young man! :mad: :rolleyes: :smile:

I wanted to have my first loss go to another Grand National....but forcedfed blew the yellow when I stopped for it a couple weeks back while we were cruising with the So Cal crew down the PCH. We would have been lined up with wide open hwy ahead and an 06 GTO in the other lane...but forcedfed didn't stop.:mad:

oh well....
When the light went green, I played some chin music for the 06 GTO and a Harley that got into the third lane on my other side.:D

I would have thought you already had Dr's? You will smoke him on DR's.

I had the same issue the first night I took my car out. I rolled up next to a new Shelby Cobra with street radial on and spun like 100 feet while he just pulled away. I had no chance on those tires.

The car is apart right now but MT are going on and I'm really considering sending my new XFI back for traction control. I had it for my last car but sold it before I even drove it so im not sure how well it will work on the street.

My buddy Otto had traction control on his Hurst olds conversion and he showed me how it worked to the extreme and pulled a lot of timing out and the car did loose power briefly to stop the wheel spin when the tires started loosing traction. Pretty kool feature but it's a $400 upgrade:mad:.

I look foward to the re-match;).

Lingenfelter vette got its ass handed to it in BG this week by a mid 10 sec regal..... he had a few traction control issues but hell that isnt our fault right hahahahahah

TRACTION CONTROL!! Ain't it great!!

Not really. I have TC on my WS6 and GTP, it blows for racing. All it does is bog your car down and it will continue to do so untill you stop your wheels from spinning completely, by which point the guy in the other lane is 3 miles ahead of you.. In fact my GTP has a secondary TC system, so even when you shut the TC off it can still kick in under hard, off the line acceleration, thanks to GM's anal warranty department. It's likely he didn't even have his on and he feathered it off the line just right or.... maybe he had DRAG RADIALS!! :eek: :eek:

Aren't DR's the first thing you buy for these cars anyway? :confused:

all the traction control did on mt T/A was push the pedal up

gm ingenuity lol why go through the computer and other systems when you can stop the problem where it begins haha

Not really. I have TC on my WS6 and GTP, it blows for racing. All it does is bog your car down and it will continue to do so untill you stop your wheels from spinning completely, by which point the guy in the other lane is 3 miles ahead of you.. In fact my GTP has a secondary TC system, so even when you shut the TC off it can still kick in under hard, off the line acceleration, thanks to GM's anal warranty department. It's likely he didn't even have his on and he feathered it off the line just right or.... maybe he had DRAG RADIALS!! :eek: :eek:

Aren't DR's the first thing you buy for these cars anyway? :confused:

Not that kinda traction control. XFI traction control.

If I didn't have the traction issues, I know I would have stayed even with him start to finish....maybe even edged him.

Dude I warned you that you needed DRs. Your car is losing traction even more than you think or feel trust me. Get some DRs first then see if you need more boost. You might be suprised :biggrin:

FYI: When you finally get the DRs make sure your paying attention because other issues can crop up when these cars really hook up :eek:

I learned when I put the new engine in and the 6776BB on
DR's or don't take it out that simple

Dude I warned you that you needed DRs. Your car is losing traction even more than you think or feel trust me. Get some DRs first then see if you need more boost. You might be suprised :biggrin:

FYI: When you finally get the DRs make sure your paying attention because other issues can crop up when these cars really hook up :eek:

I know...I know:p
The only thing keeping me from doing the DR's is the amount of driving I do. I'll eat through them on a monthly basis...

Back