You can type here any text you want

A story of how i convinced a co-worker to go forced induction

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Not exactly a kill story but thought I'd post it here....

Last weekend at a cook out, a co-worker brings up his '06 GTO. It has a few bolt ons like K&N filter. His has the 6.0 liter and the 6 speed. I happen to have brought my car over that day.

He takes me out in his car, which had some good pick up in it, especially how he ripped thru the gears. Then I take him for a ride in the Buick.

Upon initial acceleration he was overexcited (to say the least). Now all the sudden he's swearing up and down my car pulls harder than his and now he's having to convince the wife to go with a forced induction set up.

I personally thought they felt like they had the same amount of power. Closest track is over an hour away.

What's an '06 GTO 6.0 liter run anyways?

If he's good...he should be able to talk the wife into a huffer.

I once turned a bad flexible break line on my driver side drum brakes into a complete 4-wheel disk conversion, tubular control arms and coil overs for my 68 Camaro.

Just need to know how to talk her language.;)

It was all for the good of my safety...donchya know....

you should have him covered pretty easily

manual trans cars alway feel faster to me

I once turned a bad flexible break line on my driver side drum brakes into a complete 4-wheel disk conversion, tubular control arms and coil overs for my 68 Camaro.

I hear you there....that's how it always seems....if I want to spend any money into any of my hobbies I have to have the wife convinced that it's for a "good cause".

One day I hope to do a 4 wheel disc conversion on my 69 Nova....I'm going to use the excuse of "well you know honey manual drum brake cars just don't stop as well as power disc brake cars and you know I'm concerned on yours and the babie's safety when we go on family outings." Of course I'm sure the next quuestion will be 'why can't we just take the Honda CRV? It's got 4 wheel discs aready, air conditioning, cruise, tilt, power windows, sunroof, CD disc changer....all the things the Nova doesn't have..." :rolleyes:

I had my GN front suspension completely removed and my wife asked what I was doing. "Brakes" was my answer. (GW negative roll kit, 1lE brakes)

"Car parts" was my answer when she asked what the UPS driver dropped off a few days before. :biggrin:

For the most part,,,, I never see any stock GTO run in the 12's

I was seeing the new 09 Camaros running 14's last Saturday

x2

guess that's why i'm not married!:D:D:D
Actually because no one wants you....:p j/k Bob. Im not either so who am I to talk chit. One thing is for sure tho. It would be a cold day in hell before I had to ask permission from my gf or wife to buy something for my car. Which is probably why I will alawys be single cause my attitude sux.

For the most part,,,, I never see any stock GTO run in the 12's

I was seeing the new 09 Camaros running 14's last Saturday

I was watching a new camaro SS consistently knock off 14.7s all night at Mo Can dragway about two months ago... Funny because the salesman was telling me how great they were at the dealer said "the front ends look so mean in your rear view mirror", he then proceded to tell me, "it will only be there for a second though.." Without cracking a smirk i said why? He then said "because soon it will come screaming around you.." I calmly said no i think it will drift back out of sight... :rolleyes:and walked away to look at other cars.. LOL

Also 87Regal if your friend is not mechanically inclined, one of my good friends had his 6.0 GTO procharged at House of boost in Lenexa, KS. Its now a 408cube cast iron stroker on 10psi that they also built! They do great work and i would recommend them to anyone in driving distance. I have driven the car and its a complete handful with a six speed on street tires, because its his daily driver, very conservative tune and still 605WHP... House of Boost: Supercharged 2006 Pontiac GTO

,Dan

I can one up ya - took me 20 minutes to convince the wife to let me get a new c6 Zo6 and the twin turbo it because the gnx didn't go fast enough:D

No newbie here, it was an SS yes i said SS! 6 speed auto in it and it was slow! I even saw the nasty plastic clad V8....:mad: What happened to being able to see an LS engine under the hood??:confused:

No newbie here, it was an SS yes i said SS! 6 speed auto in it and it was slow! I even saw the nasty plastic clad V8....:mad: What happened to being able to see an LS engine under the hood??:confused:

had to be the driver. i have seen these running low 13's

Back