You can type here any text you want

AC blows out floor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oakmtnbody

Just purchased the 3rd TR since 1987 and this ones a 14k GN thats been in storage for years and is in great shape. With the help from you guys here I have already replaced the timing chain and gears, oil pan gasket, 42 lb injectors w/ TT chip, hot wire and Walbro pump and it runs great. Doing the vent visors and headliner in the morning but getting to my next problem, the ac blows out the floor. I did the search and have already replaced the 9 and 2 port valves but that did not fix the problem. Next I pulled the glove box and checked for vac leaks but did not find any. I manually closed the door on the far passenger side but that did not make the ac come out the vents. Not sure which door changes the flow from floor to dash but I need some advise. I'm amazed with the help from this site on what I've been able to accomplice including getting the cam sensor correct but can't believe this air distribution has me stumped. Help and thanks

it's one of the vacuum lines. Check the two lines under the hood. One of them may be cracked/broken and will need to be fixed/spliced.

AC_vacuum_hose_layout.jpg

Danster thanks a ton, when I pulled the fuel rail to install Eric's injectors I unplugged the 2 main vac lined on the square box beside the EGR valve. Plugged it in and everything works as it should. The car ran great even though that line also supplied the EGR with vacuum. Anyway as I said before this is a great site and I have received great advice everytime I have needed it. We'll today it's raining in Alabama so it's a good day to install the headliner and vent shades in just hope there's enough space to get it out the PS side without too much trouble. Thanks again Danster

My hardline came out when working on the coil.
Where does this line enter the ac box?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Also. Check the vacuum check valves on the driver side of the engine to make sure they are installed correctly. I ran into the same problem a couple months back. Had the check valves backwards, changed them around and instantly got air through the vents

Don't mean to hijack this thread but which way should the check valves go? I am going through the same thing right now. Thanks

My hardline came out when working on the coil.
Where does this line enter the ac box?

Unfortunately it's under the HVAC box on the passenger side in which the inner Fender well will need to be removed to have access to it. I can take a pic of it you want to see it as my fenders are currently off.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but which way should the check valves go? I am going through the same thing right now. Thanks

I can't remember from the top of my head which color goes to the front or back of the engine and I don't have a pic on me. But, if u remove the check valve, the side that u can blow through should point to the front of the engine, the side that u can't blow through should point towards the firewall. This allows the vacuum to pass, but stops the boost from getting into the system.

I will get some pics tonight when I get home and post them.

If I misspoke, someone please chime in to correct me, thanks

Pics please... i think that is easier to pass a new line instead removing a bunch of things for a single line..

No problem, I will get them for u when I get home. I get what u are saying, pics are worth 1,000 words. Lol

Sorry, took the pics and forgot to upload them. Here you go...

Attachments

• 1397077693374.jpg
    1397077693374.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 125
Thanks for the pic...
But I was checking on where the AC vacuum line enters the cabin.

the pic you took was for the check valve orientation....

Pics....

Attachments

• DSCN0636.JPG
    DSCN0636.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 115
  • DSCN0637.JPG
    DSCN0637.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 116
Back