Another 9 second Turbo Buick

neat

Rode along with a friend to the drag strip today. His 87 Regal clicked off it's first 9 second pass. He's been chasing 9's with it for a long time, so it was great to finally see that single digit ET.

The car went 9.95 @ 134. The main mods are:

RCG built 3.8L
Champion Aluminum heads
Extreme Automatics 200-4R
Precision 64/66

Here's a video I took of the pass. Be sure to watch it in 1080p. I painted the car for him a few years ago, and it looks SO much better in 1080, lol. Also, in 1080p, you can see it pull the left front tire about 10 feet from the starting line. The boost comes on and it power wheelies a little.

What was used to tune this Buick??
Rode along with a friend to the drag strip today. His 87 Regal clicked off it's first 9 second pass. He's been chasing 9's with it for a long time, so it was great to finally see that single digit ET.

The car went 9.95 @ 134. The main mods are:

RCG built 3.8L
Champion Aluminum heads
Extreme Automatics 200-4R
Precision 64/66

Here's a video I took of the pass. Be sure to watch it in 1080p. I painted the car for him a few years ago, and it looks SO much better in 1080, lol. Also, in 1080p, you can see it pull the left front tire about 10 feet from the starting line. The boost comes on and it power wheelies a little.

Congrats!! Bet that felt good!!

It's on the stock computer with a TurboTweak chip.

So, if 9s are possible on stock computer and chip why does everyone get cool toys like the FAST system. I would like to know numbers like AF ratio, etc...I know the answer to this, it’s just that I was actually thinking about it, but really don’t need it

It's on the stock computer with a TurboTweak chip.

So, if 9s are possible on stock computer and chip why does everyone get cool toys like the FAST system. I would like to know numbers like AF ratio, etc...I know the answer to this, it’s just that I was actually thinking about it, but really don’t need it

Yep, paint quality looks great. I liked as he rolled up slowly you could hear the sticky on the tires.

Congrats, that is a nice ride. Love the stock chip ,basics is still hard to beat.

For me that is good news as Richard Clark just drop the same motor same turbo in my car about two weeks ago. I did ask about fast, he said they are nice for a all out race car,however to run low tens and or nines once and a while at the track your 6.1 to chip is all you need. Will see!!

It's on about 28 PSI. 60lb injectors. It runs about 10.3 AFR at WOT most of the pass. I don't know how much timing was in it on that pass. Power Logger showed no knock. It has a single nozzle methanol injection kit from Julio.

I don't know enough about the engine management stuff to give a qualified opinion on the differences / benefits of a stand alone as compared to the stock ECM.

That's a nice pass on a standard chip and alky...With 60lb injectors what was your injector duty cycle??