Another disaster....

What goes thru a person head to commit a horrific act such as this. Prayers for the folks in Nevada. ** sad sad sad **.

Already the cries of ban all guns & place the blame on Trump supporters have begun.

When will people learn that it is a MENTAL ILLNESS issue?

Already the cries of ban all guns & place the blame on Trump supporters have begun.

I agree. But the same politicians that block gun control are also adamantly against the kind of universal health care that would make detecting and treating people like this possible.

So from either angle (health or gun control), there's only one political party that's consistently against trying to address this problem in a meaningful way.

Exactly He would have used whatever to carry out this insanity, car,truck,ied,etc. Sometimes I wonder wth the world is coming to. Prayers out to the murdered and injured.
Obomacare is still in place....sorry but universal healthcare wouldn't have stopped this.

A very sad thing to have happen. Condolences to those who lost friends and relatives. Wishing a safe,complete and speedy recovery for those who were wounded.

More than 58 dead and 515 wounded.

Very horrific thing. Prayers said or the victims families, the survivors, and the country.

How did he do it? That many people and he wasn't stopped early on? I just don't get it. My prayers for all effected.

I agree with it being a mental illness issue & feel that a volatile combination of internet narcissism and bad shit in our food and water are contributing factors.

How did he do it? That many people and he wasn't stopped early on? I just don't get it. My prayers for all effected.

He was across the street (and "across the street" in that location is at least a half mile away) and 120 meters up in the air firing an automatic weapon at a dense crowd. It was the proverbial fish in a barrel situation. He fired unimpeded for at least ten minutes.

From this, it appears likely he was using a semi-automatic rifle that had been modified, my guess is a bump stock.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/02/us/vegas-guns.html?smid=tw-share

To stop him, somebody had to figure out where he actually was (not easy, there's a rumor he was actually located when the weapon discharge set off the smoke alarm in his room), then actually get to him, 32 stories up in a giant hotel. As it stand, SWAT didn't clear the room until 60 minutes after the shooting started, and he was already dead when they kicked the door in. My guess (and this is just speculation based on the little info I've seen in the news) is he shot himself when he realized the fire alarm had been tripped and they knew where he was. He didn't realize it was going to take them an hour to actually get there.

EDIT: CNN has a good minute-by-minute breakdown. Turns out SWAT cleared the hotel a floor at a time, so it took them awhile to get to him: http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-attack-visual-tic-toc-trnd/index.html

Last edited:
there's a special place; in "the special place" in Hell for these chicken shits. Prayers to all the victims and family.

P.S. They should just kill themselves first and save us the trouble.

Last edited:
None. that site is known for spreading clickbait fake news and conspiracy theories.

How about this video that appears to show fire from a lower floor? -

Scary stuff. I wonder if the guy got a brain tumor or something that turned him into this?

Now we have to watch out for "copy cats".

They really need to stop releasing the names of these killers unless necessary. I imagine some of these people do it so they'll always be remembered. So their name will be in the papers. So they'll be famous. We need to remove that aspect of it.

How about this video that appears to show fire from a lower floor? -

That doesn't show anything except a reflection or a television set inside the room making light.

This is easy to debunk. Find me a photo of the hotel from yesterday with a fourth or fifth floor window smashed out.

The web sites peddling that video are ALL clickbait/fake news, and many are linked to spreading Russian propaganda.

That doesn't show anything except a reflection or a television set inside the room making light.

This is easy to debunk. Find me a photo of the hotel from yesterday with a fourth or fifth floor window smashed out.

The web sites peddling that video are ALL clickbait/fake news, and many are linked to spreading Russian propaganda.

It appeared that the flashing light was coinciding with gun fire. But yeah, it seems like half the information out there (and not just related to this) is misinformation. When the dust settles we'll have a better sense of what really happened.