Another insurance question...

KenB 87 TT

Having searched and read several threads, one question looms-

Does anyone carry collector/limited use insurance that does not exclude the occasional drive to work?
Any other options?

Several sites I have visited are quite emphatic about coverage during use for the public interest and that while driving to work would not be covered.

I just want the option on a nice day to drive my car to work or the store, and still be insured. I have no intention for drive over even 2000 miles/yr.

Can anyone give advice?

Thanks

KenB 87 TT

I have State Farm and talked with my agent and he is supposed to send me some papers to fill out. He said there was a mileage limit but didn't say where I could or couldn't drive it. Also I have to send them 5 pics of car, 1 of each side, front, rear, and 1 of the engine compartment. When I get paper I will post what it said.
Tarey D.:cool:

Most CLASSIC CAR INS will tell you no work which is crazy because you may want to run off to a cruise night right from work.

Here is what I do. In the WINTER I buy a 6 month policy from GRUNDY or any of the CC company of your choice.
Nov 30 to April 30

Come the other 6 months I buy from my regular car insurance company at 15k stated value so I can drive anythime any place.

6 months on the REGULAR cost me $300
6 Months on the CLASSIC cost me $180-

Alot depends on where you live & if you plan on driving year round. My 6 months with classic car insurance the GN never goes out because of the conditions i live in.

I have collector car insurance from State Farm. I believe my mileage is limited to 2500 a year, car valued at 20 grand ( highest you can go w/o an appraisal), full coverage and tow insurance. I pay about $25 a month year around. Also, I would think an occasional drive to work would'nt hurt but don't mention it to your agent. The company just want to make sure it's not an everyday occurence.

Thanks and Tarey have you got numbers?

Thanks for your input

Looks like I'll go convential (maybe State Farm, used to have them) and keep searching.

Tarey, any numbers yet?

Any other ideas still out there?

Thanks again