You can type here any text you want

Another No Start/Weak Spark Thread

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aminga

Chicks Dig the powerbulge
OK,

I'm out of ideas here. Car shut off on a test drive after installing the new build.

It has a new Crank Sensor, New Ign Module and Coil Pack. Plugs and Injectors are firing The spark appears a little weak to me. It's wide but it appears a little yellowish, it's definitely not blue.

There is battery voltage at both of the pink black feeds to the ign module.

The base of the ign module is within 3 ohms of of the engine ground post (CEI Ground stretcher).

Plugs are wet with fuel.

Injectors are not leaking.

What am I missing here.

I would add that the Cam sensor is verified to be set at 25 ATDC

I had mine shut off on me while driving. It seems that when I installed the oil pressure guage I did not secure the oil old pressure switch wiring properly and it grounded out after the harmonic balancer rubbed thru the insulation and grounded. This fried my "FP/INJ" circuit breaker.

Low compression from the rings being eat out of it by blasting grit

Rebuilt it

Low compression shouldn't make the car just die out of the blue.

Well, let me think about that... I did have this old 65 Plymouth Barracuda back in high school, that whenever I gave Tanya a ride home from school, that darn thing would just die out, every time I'd drive around the back side of the old abandoned post office. :rolleyes:

Tanya never did find out where a had that kill switch.:D

I'll bet that barracuda had a "gas grass or ass no one gets free rides" bumpersticker and a barefoot gas pedal.

Back