You can type here any text you want

another post of me street racing my 02 dodge diesel

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
let me start this story out with....

about 3 months ago these highschool guys started stopping by the house checking out the turbo regals.
they never really introduced themselves, or gave their names, but i see them driving around town about every 2-3 weeks and wave- cause usually we are going in the opposite directions.

about a month ago i was driving the 02 dodge dually diesel to the parts store to fetch some stuff, and i run into these same kids on a side street here in town... except this time we are driving in the same direction and turning onto the main 4 lane road together :) he drives a 89 bonnieville sse NON supercharged car

we head up to the next red light and stop, i look over to my right{ exhaust from my truck dumps on that side, straight thru muffler too} and proceed to rev the engine up just to start smoking them out... lol i worked cause i got the holeshot, and he couldnt catch up to me till we hit 45 or so, but HE NEVER GOT AROUND ME:)

FAST FORWARD---

last night i run into this same kid, same street, except the truck isnt completely warmed up- and its 40* cooler out
well, we are first in line taking the 90* left hand turn, and he guns it around the corner--
i slowly row through the gears, and shift into 3rd, then 4th lagging the truck just a tad and he does the coolest thing,... he actually slows down for our rematch from last month :)

so ive got the truck at 2,000 rpms in 4th, cruising up on him at around 30?? 35mph?? and he stops slowing down as im coming up on his bumper, and starts matching my speed, for a rolling run.
i get right on his rear bumper, and notice that im not gaining, hes not leading, and our speeds are pretty much the same.. right at 35ish-
i nail the throttle, so does he, and proceed to lay out a HUGE cloud of black smoke all over them as i pass him with both of his windows wide open
:eek:
he was getting after it the entire time, and stayed right in the sweet spot all the way to about 65ish, and all i could do was laugh!!!!!
now its clear that his car is faster, but i didnt care about winning or loosing in the tow rig, all i wanted was for him to eat my smoke bomb :D :D

im thinking of trading in the 02 for a new 03 4 door-

here is a stock turbo dynograph of a new 03

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=57328

Hey Bryan, saw a guy in an 00 Dodge 4x4 turbo diesel beat a guy in a riced out 90's civic at the track last night. Just makes you wonder if it ever sinks in these kids heads that what they think fast is, is really not?

Originally posted by WH1
Hey Bryan, saw a guy in an 00 Dodge 4x4 turbo diesel beat a guy in a riced out 90's civic at the track last night. Just makes you wonder if it ever sinks in these kids heads that what they think fast is, is really not?

Yeah right? Hey, maybe the definition of fast has changed and we don't know about it. Maybe I should check my Webster's. It probably now says:

Fast = 1. Foreign rice with the minimum amount of ammenities being tinted windows, loud obnoxious stereo, 5 inch puke/fart can and 80 foot whale tail, not capable of exceeding the speed of a Dodge dually diesel or most other trucks and cars.

At the Diesel Nationals at E-Town I saw a white dodge diesel run a 13.9. It was cool. While I was there, my companies 84 Kenworth W900 ran 17.5@80mph. With some more tuning, fuel and tire she should run about 16.0, maybe faster.

Back