Any 1911 Fans here?

Jim Hoag custom longslide, .45 ACP

Attachments

• Jim Hoag Custom longslide 002.jpg
    Jim Hoag Custom longslide 002.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,759
Jim Hoag Custom Longslide, passenger side.

Attachments

• Jim Hoag Custom longslide 003.jpg
    Jim Hoag Custom longslide 003.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,232
Les Baer Premier II, driver side.

Attachments

• Les Baer Premier ll 002.jpg
    Les Baer Premier ll 002.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 387
Les Baer Premier II, passenger side.

Attachments

• Les Baer Premier ll 004.jpg
    Les Baer Premier ll 004.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 376
Very Early Springfield trophy Match, American made & assembled, driver side.

Attachments

• Springfield Trophy Match 001.jpg
    Springfield Trophy Match 001.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 369
The 4th auto of my life, the other 3 just guard it.

Attachments

• New pics, '87 turbo-t after SC&C install 002.jpg
    New pics, '87 turbo-t after SC&C install 002.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 370
Those are some sweet weapons

I've been wanting to get into handguns for a long time. Had the opportunity to fire a tricked out kimber .45 at the range awhile back and that thing felt like a million bucks in my hand. Way better (to me) than the glock .45 I was firing.

What do you guys suggest as far as courses, permits, and so forth for a guy looking to get a handgun for personal protection?

I really need to get up to speed with what is legal and what is not and when you can use one to defend yourself and when you can't.

I have plenty rifle experience from my 5 years in the Marines (4x rifle expert and one fluke 2 points away :) ) so I have the basics down as far as firearms go

Not a Kimber... but I like it a whole bunch..

Beretta model 9040D... pen is for size reference... nice CCW weapon.

Boy.. if AZ had a fit about using 10mm hollow points, what would they think about my .40 cal resin filled fragmenting rounds:eek:

Attachments

• IMAGE_059.jpg
    IMAGE_059.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 359
Those are some sweet weapons
I've been wanting to get into handguns for a long time. Had the opportunity to fire a tricked out kimber .45 at the range awhile back and that thing felt like a million bucks in my hand. Way better (to me) than the glock .45 I was firing.
What do you guys suggest as far as courses, permits, and so forth for a guy looking to get a handgun for personal protection?
I really need to get up to speed with what is legal and what is not and when you can use one to defend yourself and when you can't.
I have plenty rifle experience from my 5 years in the Marines (4x rifle expert and one fluke 2 points away :) ) so I have the basics down as far as firearms go
-----------------------------------
Thanks for the props, Pablo. I haven't been active in shooting for a few years so I can not offer any advice other as far as personal protection handgun selection, I would recommend some of the more popular sites such as pistolsmith.com. To the best of my knowledge as of a few years ago, you will get a ccw in So Cal when hell freezes over. I used to hear through the grapevine of shooters that virtually no one got ccw's in so cal. After looking at some sites, I would recommend a good range for test firing and go with what you feel comfortable with. I would rent a lot of guns before making a selection. HTH

Ccw....

ain't happening in Kalif !!
I have residence in Az, so have a ccw from Az, while not valid in calif, I've been questioned more than once as to why, but being the upstanding citizen that I am, ( cough , cough) never had any problems, even with a CHP officer!
if you think you must carry, put it in a locked box, on the back seat floor.
BTW, nice autos Gary! and the Berreta is sweet!,

if you think you must carry, put it in a locked box, on the back seat floor.

Ummmm, NO. The phrase "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" comes to mind. Even if i lived in Ca I would still carry. Its always better to be able to defend yourself than be dead.
All the gun laws in this country are a freeking joke, if a honest law abiding citizen wants to carry to defend himself (or herself) then it shouldn't be a problem. The god damn criminals don't go through the crap to get a permit, they buy a piece out of a persons trunk at the stop and shop parking lot. These F'ing politicians need to get their heads out of their ass's and realize that.

ain't happening in Kalif !!
I have residence in Az, so have a ccw from Az, while not valid in calif, I've been questioned more than once as to why, but being the upstanding citizen that I am, ( cough , cough) never had any problems, even with a CHP officer! if you think you must carry, put it in a locked box, on the back seat floor. BTW, nice autos Gary! and the Berreta is sweet!,
---------------------------------------
Thanks, Lee. One of these days I am going to have to come out and check out your $13K, 30K mile GN. J/K, Lee. I am sure that it is a pristine car.

Several notes of caution regardind carrying a concealed weapon without a ccw in the golden state of Kalif.
If you really want a ccw and authorized carry, move to Florida (the sunshine state) or one of the other states where ccw's are issued on what is called an "assumed right to carry" as in concealed. There are basically 3 or 4 classes of distinction for the issuance of ccw's, and they vary not only state to state, but in degree of difficulty in obtaining a ccw. To learn more, considering joining a good firearms site such as > Welcome to Pistolsmith.com < or maybe the one mentioned here.
Or hit Cruzn57 up for some questions & answers.
Getting caught packing in Kalif generally means the loss of that firearm as a minimum, going to jail or at least to court for a fine, and you will more than likely never see that gun again. I am a very strong supporter of law enforcement in general, especially the "working officer", be it city, county, state, federal, or otherwise, but I am not stupid enough to get caught carring a high end gun such as some that I pictured above and lose it to the court system. I will leave that to those of you who pack illegally in the state of Kalif and want to support their theory of "Search and seizure of illegally carried / possessed firearms". And if my memory serves me correct, the state of Kalif acknowledges a justifiable homocide only if your life or the life of someone else is thereatened. A decision that you have to make in less than a heartbeat can be determined over the period of years by the court system.

I'm lucky I guess. Michigan changed from a "may issue" to a "shall issue" state a while back. Now, they must issue you a CPL unless there is cause not to :cool:

I have had my CPL for about a year now but I only carry when I go camping or walking at night for several hours alone (we have monsters in the woods around here).

I carry the S&W .40 Sigma. Very light weight, stainlees (I'm outside a lot), and .40 is enough power for me to take down zombies and such should they attack.

Clips hold 14 rounds now that the Brady Bill expired :cool:

I have looked at the Kimber 1911 but the wife said "you have a pistol already...." Now I need to convince her they work better in pairs...one for each hand.

I carry on my waist, not in a shoulder holster. Feels more natural there to me. Around here I can carry in the open but once you get into towns you have to know the local ordinances. They can get you for "disrupting the peace" or "intimidation" just for haveing it hang in plain sight.

All the cops I talked to said "it isn't against the law to carry in plain sight around the roads where you live but get a CPL and just make things easier on us all.

One cop did tell me I can't carry in plain sight in a holster at my side as the holster is 'concealing' the pistol.....moron.....