any reason not to use spectra gas tank from autozone?

haywire4130

just like the title says, my tank leaks around the seam- was considering using the spectra #GM307c tank from autozone, says it is for turbo models so i assume it has the baffle inside. anyone have any pros or cons?

It'll probably be fine. Order it. If the baffle isn't there, get your money back.

check rockauto.com for the same tank, it might be cheaper. It does have a baffle just not the same type. It's more of a sheetmetal pan type. I've put a few in local cars without issue.

Ordered mine from Kirbans. It was a Spectra, from Canada. Doesn't seem to vent properly, as I have to fill it very sloooowly. I'll have to double check the install. It might not be a problem with the tank at all.

...Do a search. I think I remember reading about this a few months ago.

Turbo Negro said:
Ordered mine from Kirbans. It was a Spectra, from Canada. Doesn't seem to vent properly, as I have to fill it very sloooowly. I'll have to double check the install. It might not be a problem with the tank at all.

Thats a inherent problem with these cars..both of mine and others ive seen can be a pain to fill if the nozzle isnt just right.
Fwiw...i have a spectra tank and no issues

As turbo nasty said, slow filling with modern pumps is par for the course on G-Bodies. The newer vapor recovery gas pump nozzles are more sensitive to backpressure during fill up and shut off on you.

Thanks for all the replies, i'm gonna grab one. The autozone warehouse is right up the street, they have one. I never buy anything from drop-shippers like rock auto if i can possibly help it. They're killing small businesses that actually have to pay overhead and keep inventory. I dont mind spending the money-