Anybody own a "Maine Coon" Cat

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
My kids want one and I did a simple google but would like some more info please;)

Mt aunt had one that died recently, and I have a buddy w/ one. They are freakin HUGE, (voley ball size head) the first time I saw my aunts, I took a step or two back. Luckily they are fairly timid, and non agressive by nature. They are expensive ($1500 house cat)

here mine hes a nut ball he loves to play but he bites as well and loves to attack people for know reasone but he is alot of fun!! but mine is afraid of kids i dont get it but adults look out good luck man!!!

100_1753.jpg

The Cat is Beautiful; tell the wifey/girlfriend to get her Bra out of the picture next time:p

Heres mine. He was still a baby in this picture. Only about 9 months old then. They are gental loving giants and love to play.:biggrin: Hes alittle over 20 pounds at a year and a few months old now.

Attachments

• 2006_1205fall0031.jpg
    2006_1205fall0031.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 342
Those are my kind of cats, over feed it and let it hunt down the locals.

My kitty is bigger than your kitty :biggrin: :biggrin:

He's a Savannah, they are a cross between a domestic cat and an African Serval. They can weigh over 30lbs!

Main Coons are great cats.....You wont be disappointed!

Attachments

• savannah.jpg
    savannah.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 337
We had one as a shop cat. She started coming around as a stray kitten, so we kept her. That cat was awesome. Her name was Scruff. She died 13 years ago, ate a dragonfly.:( She loved to play and could play rough if you played rough. She was stand-offish with people she didn't know. She would listen to only a few of us and would come if you called her, like a dog. She was very loving too. She liked to catch chipmunks, moles, and sometimes birds.(not so cool, but in her nature) Cool cats.:cool:

He's a Savannah, they are a cross between a domestic cat and an African Serval. They can weigh over 30lbs!

were do you get one of those cats i want one!!!! info plz serious

The Cat is Beautiful; tell the wifey/girlfriend to get her Bra out of the picture next time:p

yea i relized that after i took a pic!! buy hey its just a bra

but my cat in that pic was old i think he weighed in at 18pds fo sho is a nut ball

I had a stray that was 1/2 Maine Coon and 1/2 ? Was the biggest REGULAR cat I've ever owned at over 25 lbs. Relly neat cat, loved me and slept with me every night for 19 years. Would come running to me if I whistled, just like a dog. Miss him dearly!

Awesome cat dude. We have 2 Bengals which are also bred with Servals. They are not nearly as big as your savannah though.

Sully

That savannah cat is AWESOME! That is as pretty of a cat as I have ever seen, so beautiful.
I though my aunts had the biggest cat (30 lbs) until I went to my bosses house, and saw his sons rescued cougars.... He has registered as a refuge for owners caught w/ those cats illegally, he'd take them until they could be sent back out. They were 5'-6' long and probably hundred and fifty to two hundred pounds, paws literally bigger than your head, but they have smaller heads, Big 40 lbs of horse meat, and growl at you. I almost soiled myself, and it was in a double cage. Dogs are cool, but big cats really take it up a notch IMO.

V6,

Bengals are a cross between an Asian Leopard Cat and a domestic cat! Alot of Savannah breeders cross the Bengal with the Serval to get the Savannah.

Here is a link to Bengals

The International Bengal Cat Society Homepage

Yea I knew that and realized a little later that I had posted wrong. I was going to change my post but by the time I got back to it I couldn't edit and figured it wasn't worth another post for the few people that care. :biggrin: I was thinking Serval because our Bengal breeder has a Serval that she is using to breed Savannahs from her Bengals. The Serval is freakin cool.

Sully