Anyone ever heard of this oil?

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Took a ride to Arlington Tx today where they opened up a Summit warehouse recently. Just browsing I found this oil on the shelf, anyone ever heard of it? Seems like a decent profile with a high Zinc content for flat tappets....

Attachments

• 46228861-CBCF-4E58-B388-87E9A4CFF090.jpeg
    46228861-CBCF-4E58-B388-87E9A4CFF090.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 326
  • CDDB61D6-C72E-42F7-BABD-F01941B46043.jpeg
    CDDB61D6-C72E-42F7-BABD-F01941B46043.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 274
I paid 8 bucks a quart. Probably a bit pricey but I figured I would try it out. I got a military discount also.

The guy who rebuilt my turbo told me to use rotella diesel oil. Is that good for out GN's?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

The guy who rebuilt my turbo told me to use rotella diesel oil. Is that good for out GN's

Not so much any longer. Rotella & Delo 400 used to have a high zinc content after zinc was removed from standard automotive oils. Unfortunately they have been reformulated & the zinc content has been reduced. I ran Delo in my flat tappet engines for a while. I now use Valvoline VR1.

Ok cool thanks, I'll look to see who sells it locally. What weight of the vr1 are you running?

Ok cool thanks, I'll look to see who sells it locally. What weight of the vr1 are you running?

My engine has over 100K miles on it & I live in a fairly warm climate. I run 20W-50.

If your engine is tight, or you live in cold country, you might want to consider the 10W-30.

Probably should ask a Buick V6 engine builder.

I live in GA so it's pretty hot majority of the time. Do you use the grey or black bottle of the vr1?

I live in GA so it's pretty hot majority of the time. Do you use the grey or black bottle of the vr1?

I use the grey bottle, formulated from the highest quality dead dinosaurs.

The black bottle is synthetic.

Grab you some vr1 and call it a day. Also might want to check with your piston ring manufacturer (if rebuilt) on what they recommend.

Took a ride to Arlington Tx today where they opened up a Summit warehouse recently. Just browsing I found this oil on the shelf, anyone ever heard of it? Seems like a decent profile with a high Zinc content for flat tappets....

Honestly, those are some really, really shitty pics.

The back side of the bottle is especially worthless, but thanks anyway.

Jus' sayin'.

Not sure why it’s worthless, but I posted a full size image for you so you can read it since you are a gray beard member...just sayin lol

On an iPad the pics are good. You could just expand them and read it easily. Maybe if you are looking at them on a 12” screen on a Commodore 64 then you are out of luck.
Also if you just click on the actual numbers and letters above the words next to the pic they populate very large.

I use 20W-50 oil. Mobil 1 or VR1 forgot which one. I put 10W-30 in there once and it really enhanced all my leaks very noticeably. Put the 20W-50 back in and like magic they were back to normal.

Imo, synthetic blends are great. Max life 10w30 is what I've been using forever. It has seal conditioners added. There is a dime size oil leak under my TTA near real seal that's never been changed. Has 800 ppm Zinc.
Lucas Zinc Additive bottle has 5000 ppm.
So I add a 1/3 bottle to every oil change. Puts it over 2000 ppm of zinc.