Anyone have details specs on the Eibach Pro kit springs?

BuickMike

Money pit
So I am intrigued by a guy pulling 1.4 60ft times on Simmons 18" wheels and Eibach Pro springs. Other items of mention are Hellwing sway bars and double adjustable shocks. Right now my car cannot hook at all and I blame it mostly on the spring / shock combo, which I otherwise love for the handling. Springs are SPC, which are short thick wire with supposedly 675 lb rate in front and they are variable rate in back. I'd like to compare what the Eibach's are, but they don't publish that.

If someone has a loose set and would not mind measuring bar thickness, number of coils, and free height, that would be a huge help.

Thanks!

I’m running some eibach springs that lower my car and truthfully I’m thinking about going back to stock springs . How are you launching your car? How much Boost are you leaving on ? What tires ? I have gotten plenty of 1.4 60’ with stock springs .air bags ,stocked boxed control arms . No front sway bar . You have any video of you launching? That could help you figure out what’s going on

SPC springs are 550# front and 150# rear. Almost identical to Eibach. What shocks are you running ?

I’m running some eibach springs that lower my car and truthfully I’m thinking about going back to stock springs . How are you launching your car? How much Boost are you leaving on ? What tires ? I have gotten plenty of 1.4 60’ with stock springs .air bags ,stocked boxed control arms . No front sway bar . You have any video of you launching? That could help you figure out what’s going on

So I have SPC springs, Baseline suspension adjustable rear UCA's with relocation brackets, boxed stock lowers, S10 rear swatbar (homemade pro touring bar), Toyo Proxes TQ DR's (Same as Nito 555's). Doesn't matter if I launch with no boost. The second it spools it breaks loose. I was able to muster a best of 1.8 on M&H DR's. Tires currently are a big part of the problem, but not the whole thing. I used to 1.6 on BFG DR's with stock springs, airbag, and cheap shocks when the car was stock.

I think based on the other conversation I'm having I think not having double adjustable shocks is my biggest problem right now. If someone can pull 1.4's and 1.5's on 18" M/T DR's with same or similar setup to me except shocks, then I should be close.

SPC springs are 550# front and 150# rear. Almost identical to Eibach. What shocks are you running ?

Where do you see that info? SPC's website shows the fronts at 675, but U'm sure that's a typo. Are Eibach rear springs progressive rate?

Ok turns out this guy has SPC springs just like me, not Eibach. He has a Hellwig FSB that he does not unhook. I have a 34mm hollow F body, which is about the same thing. He has AFX spindles. I have taller ball joints and custom uppers in the front. Same geometry. He has boxed LCA's and Baseline suspension rear UCA's. So do I. He has a Hellwig rear pro touring bar. I have a S10 rear bar made to be a pro touring bar. Very similar. At this point it has to be my Bilstiens and a stickier tire holding me back.

Have you ever ran some actual slicks ?the proxy are a good road race tire not so much a drag . What kinda tire pressure are you running in them ? I don’t think shocks or springs are you problem I believe your tires are the reason you aren’t hooking . I would get a set of slicks air them down to 12-14lbs then see what it does I’m willing to bet you would definitely hook up

Had MT DR's at 14psi and would randomly get 1.8's off them, but it was a fine line between bogging and smoking them. The Toyo's are not great, but that's no excuse for blowing off at the line even with no boost. My CTS-V Wagon with 20" street tires at 18psi pulls 1.7-1.8 60's no problem.

My plans are to go with dual adjustable shocks and a fresh set of M/T DR's this summer and go from there.

Double adjustable shocks should help a lot.

After doing more research I am 100% convinced that is the primary issue. I'm going to call Bilstein and get the compression / rebound rates on my shocks and compare it to a drag shock. I'll report back once I know the difference.

So Bilstein won't publish the details, but after talking with Marcus at SC&C, I'm convinced that shocks will solve my problem. The Bilsteins have a really high rebound rate and it is keeping my front end from coming up. Double adjustable shocks are pricey, so I'll get around to that later. I wish I kept my worn out cheapies. It would have been fun to just throw those in the front and see what happens.