You can type here any text you want

Anyone see the new Hot Rod mag with the "Real street car shootout"?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
A lot of mid 9 second cars! The rules were they all had to be street legal and use 93 octane pump gas! Only one Buick graced the ranks and that had a monstorious 500+++ cubic inch motor.

The winner was an older Chevelle that went 9.4's:eek:

Originally posted by jsta6
Shame there was no turbo buicks.

Yeah I read that, too. Cool article. Even if TRs were allowed to run alky and pump gas, it would be tough to hang even with the bottom end of the top 10.

Even if race fuel would be allowed, I'm not sure a mid-9 second TR would be as "streetable" as some of those cars. I dunno, I don't have one.

How "streetable" is a 9-second TR? I'm not trying to start a sh*tfest, but compared to those big cube NOS'd "true street" cars how does a small-cube force-fed motor compare from a street drivability perspective at that performance level? I don't have one so I don't know.....

Jim

If NOS is allowed, so should alchy.

Or is it a "one power adder" is allowed kind of thing. Meaning the NA motors have NOS and the turbo cars have turbos?

Originally posted by jsta6
If NOS is allowed, so should alchy.

Or is it a "one power adder" is allowed kind of thing. Meaning the NA motors have NOS and the turbo cars have turbos?

They could only inject the Hot Rod-supplied fuel, water and NOS. Alky should've been allowed. Maybe next year?

Jim

Originally posted by turbojimmy
They could only inject the Hot Rod-supplied fuel, water and NOS. Alky should've been allowed. Maybe next year?

Jim

I see that. Page 58. '69 cuda with 528 ci motor, NOS and Snow water injection.

Back