Anyone thinking about buying a car! READ THIS!

twobryans

Just inchin along.
ATTENTION Mr. Owner and moderators! Would it be possible to make this a sticky?:biggrin:

There are many very nice and very helpful members here and it is fairly well known that this is the case. Obviously from some of the threads I have seen here lately, there are some, including newbies that are not aware of this and that is the purpose of this thread.

If anyone buys a car without looking at it or having a knowledgeable party look at it for them, it is my opinion that they have no right to complain :rolleyes: at all on this site about what happens if an unscrupulous seller takes advantage of them because here is a place they can come for assistance.

Obviously, there are times and circumstances where the seller may be a known and trusted member where it is known will provide honest assessments and those are special circumstances where each buyer will have to make their own decision as to whether or not, they choose to have someone look at a vehicle for them.

It is my opinion that we should offer assistance to each other. Especially for those not knowledgeable or beginners that simply don't know what they are looking at.

Obviously there are those very knowledgeable and capable of purchasing on their own.

This is only a thread to offer the service for free or for a nominal fee to those that are interested in receiving help with having a knowledgeable board in the area of a vehicle that they are looking at a car for members to help members in looking over a car for purchase.

My personal opinion would be that even if someone is willing to help for free that the member requesting assistance make some sort of reasonable renumeration for the assistance because people are offering their time and expertise and that would be a fair expectation in my opinion.

Ignorance:eek: is no excuse when you have knowledgeable people that are willing to help.

My suggestion is that this thread be made a sticky and all those willing to help, post their location and the extent of their willingness here as well as those that would like help posting here the area that need help for anyone willing to help be able to know and contact them.

While we all, including me are typically very busy with our own lives, families and/or businesses. I personally have quite a bit going on, but always try to do whatever I can to help others. So, I will be the first here to openly offer. If anyone needs help in the Central Virginia area feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help to whatever extent you need.

I will always be happy to talk on the phone to offer my opinion and help in any way that I can.

Please let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks,
Bryan & Amy Turner
NAPIER REALTORS ERA
(804) 426-3600
Bryan@ERA.com
www.HomeSoldPros.com

By The Way...I am never too busy for your referrals!

I travel the entire Midwest,

Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas etc etc and would be happy to do it for Free to help anyone out.

Ty

And yes, I am a very picky MO FO:biggrin:

Great Idea Bryan!

Great idea Bryan.
I am in the St Louis Missouri area and will do what I can. I have a very nice digital camera and can provide high res photos if needed and my opinion( for what it is worth) of a car for sale in my area. PM me your contact info if you need my assistance, it will be forwarded to my Blackberry which is always on me.

Bryan

This is a good idea and I would be happy to look at any cars in central CT if it would help someone avoid what I'm dealing with because of my own stupidity and eagerness. I wish I had contacted a neutral party tb member in the KC Missouri area to inspect the car I ended up buying. I bought the car this winter when things are usually quiet at work but, instead we were slammed and I was running 2 jobs, so flying out to look in person was not an option but, I should have had someone honest who knows these cars look at it for me. Different people have different ideas on what "mint" and "show quality" means and they also have there own agendas. Some things are up to interpretation and some things are black and white and if you can't inspect it yourself a neutral 3rd party gives you better odds of cutting right through the bull$hit. In my case I bought from a moderator from this very Cars for Sale section and I was mislead and blatantly lied to in regards to certain issues on my car. Even if you have no intention of buying without seeing it with your own eyes, a 3rd party inspection can help you determine if the seller is full of it and don't waste your time or yeah the car is the real deal and making the trip yourself is worthwhile.

BTW, Anyone here near Milwaukee? Might need some assistance myself sooner than I thought. Please let me know. Thanks!!:biggrin:

If anyone needs help in the East Tennessee area feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help. I have helped several guy's here find some nice cars.

I have a digital camera and can take whatever pic's you request. will always be happy to talk on the phone to offer my opinion and help in any way that I can.

Please let me know if I can help.

Scot W.

BTW, Anyone here near Milwaukee? Might need some assistance myself sooner than I thought. Please let me know. Thanks!!:biggrin:
Yes there is someone here in Milwaukee that would help. His user name here is (Two T's) and his name is Tom. He is a very good freind of mine who got me hooked on these cars years ago. Shoot him a PM..

Scot W.

Yes there is someone here in Milwaukee that would help. His user name here is (Two T's) and his name is Tom. He is a very good freind of mine who got me hooked on these cars years ago. Shoot him a PM..

Scot W.

Scot,

Thank you very much! I'll PM him. :biggrin:

See guys, It's just that easy. There are some very helpful folks on this board! :cool:

I'm looking for someone to check out a 70 GS455 Convertible in Lowell Ma. Otherwise, I'm on a plane.

I am always willling to check out cars in the St. Louis area.

I am by the Mass and NH boarder.. Ill look at cars for other members BUT if it is really nice Ill just buy it myself and tell you it was a roach :p

I'm looking for someone to check out a 70 GS455 Convertible in Lowell Ma. Otherwise, I'm on a plane.

I am always willling to check out cars in the St. Louis area.

cdsttype has a shop in Lowell. You could try him.

oh one more..opppps ..2 more things to add..

#1...POST where the hell you are !!
#2 ... buy a damm camera and post some decent pics. and when someone asks you for a shot of a certain area DO it..Then someone like me may buy the car :eek:

I would like to volunteer my services to anyone who wants
a car inspected with detailed pics. preferably in the South Pacific Islands,Hawaii,or even coastal Thailand. I will require travel expense and per diem up front........:biggrin:

If not, I am around Southern IL......:eek: