Anyone try the Kirban Front Brace #6756

jkdturbo6

I have a T-top car and it rattles and moves all over the place when going over rough pavement....

If anyone has tried the Kirban Connecting Front Brace #6756 tell us what you think and if it stiffens the car up in a postive way....

Thanks

i put that kit in along with the rear seat braces and the under the hood braces and the car stiffened up nicely.:D

If your car is wandering over uneven pavement then you probably need bushings and / or ball joints.

:)

The Ball joints and tie rod ends are like new less than 5K... It's the damn New Jersey roads that are a reck from the winter and all the rain we are having... My Taurus bounces just as much, it's just the GN T-top starts the rattling and squeaks and jumps over the rough roads. I figure something to tighten up the body and frame might help.

Perhaps if I get a couple more recommentdations I'll give the Kirban brace a try. Anyone else have it installed!?!?!?

I have the rear seat brace on my car. Its a hard top and all of the things that you are going thourgh I was intill I put them in and they all went away. You can make those on your own, which I did. Also if you can get the front ones that go under the car that will help out a lot. Those you can find at the junk yard for under $10.00 bucks. The times I have gone I cannot find a 79 monte carlo to get them from.

I installed all my braces one after the other and testing in between. My front frame brace was the last one I did and it made a small but noticeable change to the car.

The braces behind the rear seat will do you more good than the front lower brace.

You did not respond to RacerX comment about the bushings. I would check not only the front A-arm bushings, but also the body bushings. The most important body bushings are the ones below the fire wall. These take the most loading.

Also, check for the missing bushings (4 each) along the frame in front of the rear trailing arm connection point.

When you install the missing lower bushings also take the time to install the GNX rear top bushing located above the rear differencial.

Conclusion: Spend your money on bushings and rear seat brace before the purchase of the front lower brace.

Deep Enough
Donald McMullin

Ok.... Based on everyones advice I've placed my order for the body bushings and the rear seat braces...

If all is not stiff enough I'll go back and order the front brace.

I'll post my findings when I get them installed...

Thanks for all the suggestions!!

I also had the rad brace along with the other lower bars to form the triangle and it really was noticable at like 85 on the highway.

I had to take off the rad brace when I got the V2 though. :mad: