Anyone Up For A TSO Race In Norwalk?

TurboDiverArt

The Guru Thorn
I’m trying to see if there is any interest in a TSO race at Norwalk this year. Nothing fancy and hopefully without all the drama of past races. Let’s face it, there have been only two TSO races a year and that’s not enough. Hopefully Indy will bring a third, I think we need more.

Roberta has said that they can squeeze a race into the program for us. Not Sunday as that’s Quick-16 and many TSO racers compete in Q-16. I’m thinking maybe Friday, the day would have to be worked out with Roberta.

Here’s the deal, it’s less than 6 weeks from Norwalk. There is no guarantee that there will be anyone to sponsor the race and put money up, especially if we are not going to have at least an 8-car field. I know of at least 4 cars that will be at Norwalk and willing to race, Rich Rezes, Jack Cotton, Chris Lyons and myself. That’s half a field. I know it’s tough being only 3 weeks after BG. I’m not sure if Otto Pernick is coming to Norwalk. If a sponsor doesn’t step up to sponsor the race I’m personally willing to make it a gamblers race with each racer kicking in $20-$30 and winner taking 75% and runner up getting 25%. Heck, I’d be willing to race for free and make it just a fun race. If you’re going to be at Norwalk making passes, why not make passes on a pro tree with a guy in the other lane with similar power?

If there are any TSL guys out there you are more than welcome to race as your cars will certainly pass tech as would TSM. Many of the cars with the traction Norwalk offers would certainly have a chance of winning. I’m looking to have a fun race without all the drama and to have some fun.

I’d be more than willing to run tech, we would be following the rules as everyone agreed upon, those being followed at Salem and Indy. These are very similar to BG TSO rules with the exception that there is a loophole when it comes to safety. If you car is safe you have nothing to worry about, period!

Just come out and have some fun and laughs! I personally don’t usually run a Pro-Tree so I for one should be good for a few laughs!!

If interested please speak up and if we have enough interest I’ll work with Roberta to put something together!

Art.

Does this mean you would be willing to come South and attend Reynolds in November.....

It appears that will be the first outing for the Nelson/Akright TSO effort, front suspension and Wilwood brakes installed yesterday, she rolls again. Now the bodywork can begin.

Good luck at Norwalk, take some no-doze for those pro-tree's....

lrayzer said:
Does this mean you would be willing to come South and attend Reynolds in November.....

It appears that will be the first outing for the Nelson/Akright TSO effort, front suspension and Wilwood brakes installed yesterday, she rolls again. Now the bodywork can begin.

Good luck at Norwalk, take some no-doze for those pro-tree's....
I I don't know, Reynolds is 16 hours and 1000 miles. That's a really long tow. Squeezing in another event with family obligations is really tough. I didn't know there was a TSO race in Reynolds?

Art.

Well if not, there should be, not everybody lives in democrat land.

What else is there to do for you guys in the snow that time of year ?, Jack has made the trek ,and there is always a nice assortment of turbo Buicks on hand. Who makes the decisions ?

Maybe the Rebel Nats !!! Liberal tech and racers having fun, like the Norwalk event.
Anybody else interested ?????

lrayzer said:
Well if not, there should be, not everybody lives in democrat land.

What else is there to do for you guys in the snow that time of year ?, Jack has made the trek ,and there is always a nice assortment of turbo Buicks on hand. Who makes the decisions ?

Maybe the Rebel Nats !!! Liberal tech and racers having fun, like the Norwalk event.
Anybody else interested ?????
Democrat Land... you really know how to hurt a guy Mike!

Getting an event someplace means getting enough racers and a payout, that's about it. There isn't a TSO racers body that I know of...

Based on the fact that I have gotten very little response to my posts I'm doubtful a TSO race at Norwalk is going to happen. Six cars does not make a race...

Art.