You can type here any text you want

anyone used a dakota digital dash from ebay? tired of looking for a gnx type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboterror

I have been scoping these for a few weeks but hate to take the plunge until I got some input.Gnx dashs are
hard to find,I did find one company that still makes the set up but its a cool 1500.00 There is a great write up on
the internet on how to make your own mounting plate/carrier. Ill need to look around to see if I can find it again.
The mounting plate looks straightforward as does modifying your dash surround. What I dont think I can replicate
is the bezel that goes over the top of them. Is there a place that makes those. If so I might attempt building my
own. I do know at some point there was someone on here making the mounting plate for the gauges. Not sure
if they still are. I am still thinking of the dakota digital dash as my factory analog dash looks horrible!

Any input is welcomed

I have been scoping these for a few weeks but hate to take the plunge until I got some input.Gnx dashs are
hard to find,I did find one company that still makes the set up but its a cool 1500.00 There is a great write up on
the internet on how to make your own mounting plate/carrier. Ill need to look around to see if I can find it again.
The mounting plate looks straightforward as does modifying your dash surround. What I dont think I can replicate
is the bezel that goes over the top of them. Is there a place that makes those. If so I might attempt building my
own. I do know at some point there was someone on here making the mounting plate for the gauges. Not sure
if they still are. I am still thinking of the dakota digital dash as my factory analog dash looks horrible!

Any input is welcomed

Looking at the same one, maybe make my own gnx dash. up in the air.

DAKOTA DIGITAL DASH Gauge Cluster 84-87 Buick G-Body | eBay

Dakota makes a great product very accurate and easy to read just make sure they are installed and programmed correctly if not then you might have some troubles well worth the money wish I would have never spent the money on the GNX style gauges (are for sale)

Dakota digital works well. Got mine from g-body parts. You can order direct from dakota. Either way make sure you get the tach buffer an if you want the boost gauge in center. I added the fuel pressure sender and module. The only thing not accurate is the temp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 187
Back