Ar-15....

jcawley3

Went to buy a AR-15 today and after driving all over town looking for one was a little overwhelmed by the number of brands so I left and deceided to research a little bit.......

without starting a huge "my dog is bigger than your dog" type debate....anybody have any experiance with the different brands? or is a AR an AR?

The prices where all over the place 800-2500.......???.......

I would like to get as much gun as I can for $1000 or less...

thanks for your help. -John

Stag Arms is an Outstanding gun, esp. for the price. If you are Left handed, It is the Only One !! :biggrin: Speaking from experience. ;)

Personally I wouldn't buy anything myself except a Colt or Bushmaster. There are other good guns out there. There are some oddballs like Noeveske rifleworks, etc. I would also look at getting a 16" barrel, collapsable stock. If you intend on running an aiming device, or optic, I would seriously consider getting a flattop upper receiver instead of a carry handle configuration (AR-15A2).

Your research should begin at AR15.COM

You can get a great basic rifle, collapsable stock, flat top receiver without iron sights for around $1000.00. You better hurry, though. Mr. Obama doesn't like the 'black guns'.

This is mine. AR-15A2, CAA foregrip with Surefire flashlight, UTG forestock, Eotech sight. I am currently running an Aimpoint CompM2 4MOA sighting device. It's a matter of personal preference. I can currently get this rifle for about $900. The flat top receiver will run a little more. That is my duty weapon. I personally would prefer the flattop. Any questions ask away. If I don't have it I can get it. ;)

AR-15finished-1.jpg

yes I know....no black guns.... I looked at bushmaster...colt cost to much paying for name I think.......thanks for the input...I need to look at that left hand one I think......it really doesnt matter to much on that I catch myself shooting right handed sometime with the rifle..... I think it has something to do with being forced to play baseball right handed when I wanted to play lefty.....I'm all messed up when it comes to that every sport I'm different

Personally I wouldn't buy anything myself except a Colt or Bushmaster. There are other good guns out there. There are some oddballs like Noeveske rifleworks, etc. I would also look at getting a 16" barrel, collapsable stock. If you intend on running an aiming device, or optic, I would seriously consider getting a flattop upper receiver instead of a carry handle configuration (AR-15A2).

Your research should begin at AR15.COM

You can get a great basic rifle, collapsable stock, flat top receiver without iron sights for around $1000.00. You better hurry, though. Mr. Obama doesn't like the 'black guns'.

This is mine. AR-15A2, CAA foregrip with Surefire flashlight, UTG forestock, Eotech sight. I am currently running an Aimpoint CompM2 4MOA sighting device. It's a matter of personal preference. I can currently get this rifle for about $900. The flat top receiver will run a little more. That is my duty weapon. I personally would prefer the flattop. Any questions ask away. If I don't have it I can get it. ;)

AR-15finished-1.jpg

Sean is that a duty weapon for the woods when your patrolling?:eek: :D

haveing shot both the colt and the bushmaster, i decided to go with the bushmaster, collapse-able stock shots great , i've shot thousands of rounds and till this day no problems, ( mind you i do clean my rifle after every outing ) as someone stated with colt i too believe your paying for the name, bushmaster is at a fair price ( i paid about $960 with taxes ) plenty of other companies have their AR version but nothing like a bushmaster to me. a pick of my AR with the eotech on.

Attachments

• Picture 243.jpg
    Picture 243.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 521
Remington has a new one coming out that will not be part of the assualt ban.. It is the A 15, it is listed as a varmit gun:eek: :biggrin:

now a new problem.......my tranny is slipping....soooo...new tranny or AR.?.??

I REALLY want the AR .....but....I don't know gonna have to sleep on this one..I guess

jcawley3,

We have the tranny out of Zack's GN, it was working when we took it out. We are going with a T 400.

Jim

If you go with the Bushmaster, the main difference between that and the Colt is the difference in the feed ramp. There are "some minor" feeding problems on the Bushmaster, and I had one myself(speaking from experience). The way to cure the problem is to polish the feedramp with emery cloth. Basically deburr and polish it. You will no longer experience the feeding problems especially with hollow nose ammo.

I pretty much decieded to go with Bushmaster...... but I think it going to be put on hold for a little while now......got to figure out what to do with my transmission.....car still drives fine...but has started "sliding" into gear

For sure, go with the AR 15...the price on the transmission will stay the same after Obama gets into office, the price on the AR 15 will not.

Here is the one I picked up today. I went and bought 50 rounds so I can go get it sighted in tomorrow. Eagle AR 15. The Democrats can have this when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg