are all these spring brands the same?

Turbo Brian

What do I type here?
i know TRW and MOOG are one in the same. while searching autozone for springs by the numeric part # (ex 6377) i came up with "Perfect Circle" brand part #RCS6377S. i searched at partsamerica and came up with the same part # but its marked as a McQuay Norris brand. are these four brands all the exact same spring? or should i just stick with the more familiar moog/trw stuff? the reason i ask is because the Perfect circle @ autozone is $42.99 whereas the trw @ partsamerica is $51.99 or $54.99 at carparts.com for moog.

When I changed my springs in my car I called Hotchkis, Global West, and a couple of others that I can't remember...anyway, I asked all of them who wound their springs for them and none of them knew (or wanted to say) who wound their springs. I am *guessing* that there are probably three or four (tops) companies winding springs.

HTH:)

Spring-winders

RacerX...I spoke to H&R years ago while I was building a twin-turbo 91 Mustang notch and they, in a round-about way, disclosed that they were one of the major suppliers to Eibach, Hotchkis and others. Not sure of mfg's now.

Yeah, exactly. I am sure there are licensing agreements with just a couple of manufacterers.

So what's the point of all this?:D When I selected my springs I was looking for a specific spring rate and then bought according to the best price for that spring rate. :)

HTH ;)