arp rod bolts

3/8 X 1.500" ARP2000 ----- 25ft lbs + 55 degrees
3/8 X 1.600" ARP2000 ----- 25ft lbs + 55 degrees

All with ARP lube on threads and under head of bolt. This is from K1 technologies and it came with their own lube for the bolts. I would say Moly or ARP is the same.

anyine know whart the torque specs are for arp rod bolts? tia
What size thread? Are they for stock rods? The most important thing is to use the same numbers and lubricant that was used when the rods are re-sized and the machine shop should be able to give you the stretch and approx. torque to achieve the stretch so you can use a torque wrench.

3/8 X 1.500" ARP2000 ----- 25ft lbs + 55 degrees
3/8 X 1.600" ARP2000 ----- 25ft lbs + 55 degrees

All with ARP lube on threads and under head of bolt. This is from K1 technologies and it came with their own lube for the bolts. I would say Moly or ARP is the same.

K1 Technologies does not recommend the use of moly lube on rod bolts. The lube that is supplied with K1 rods is CMD Extreme Pressure Lube #3. If you call us at 616-583-9700, we will be happy to send you some at no charge.

K1 Technologies does not recommend the use of moly lube on rod bolts. The lube that is supplied with K1 rods is CMD Extreme Pressure Lube #3. If you call us at 616-583-9700, we will be happy to send you some at no charge.

Yea it looked a little thicker. I wasnt sure thats why i stated it was with K1 lube. Your rods are friggin awesome by the way!!!!! Thanks alot.

Thank you for the kind words. We work very hard to provide the best parts at an affordable price. We believe it is extremely important to use the correct lube which is why we provide free lube to those who need it even after the sale.

I have researched a lot of different lubes over the years and found high moly content lubes (some “moly lubes” do not contain much moly) can sometimes cause problems. Moly can build up on mating surfaces of bolts (bolt flange, rod spotface and threads) reducing the coefficient of friction between these surfaces and reduce the amount of torque it takes to turn the bolt. I also know of some extreme cases where rod bolts which have been properly tightened have fallen out in as little as 2 dyno pulls causing catastrophic engine failure. If anyone is interested in this type of information, let me know and I will try to put together some technical data on the subject.

87we410877, whats does ur car run in the 1/4?

I dont know yet. I have yet to get it tuned, and still have to make bigger fuel lines. I went 12.82 @ 114 at 6 lbs of boost leaving on 0 lbs with street tires untuned in november. Im renting Atco for the day in may and Jack cotton and i are going to play with it. :biggrin: Shooting for low low 10's but a real high 9 isnt unherd of.