Back at it again on 35lbs

ScottyG

after finally smoking the janis stage 1 trans my buddy upgraded to all billet parts and janis worked his magic on this one. We told janis we beat the crap outta the car and race it heavily on the street.
My buddy just got done restoring his TType.. frame off . With the best parts u can get from H&R 6.5-9sec full rearend setup.
Cottons 33spline spool c-clip rearend kit .
To a badass janis built trans .
And a bunch of fullthottle parts and TA performance parts.
And ERIC at TT for making badass chips !
Stock engine with valve springs and headstuds. Still has the nylon gears.
This is what we do on a nightly bases, we do what these cars are made for, racing!

Attachments

• IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 332
  • IMG_2273.JPG
    IMG_2273.JPG
    958.4 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_2283.JPG
    IMG_2283.JPG
    858 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2289.JPG
    IMG_2289.JPG
    510.6 KB · Views: 332
Big update guys!!! Finally made it to the track on the new setup!
Last year was 11.00-11.20 at 122-124mph at 30-33lbs if I remember .
Now it's 35-36lbs . The two slips look almost identical crazy! And we have yet to spray the 50shot

Attachments

• IMG_2374.JPG
    IMG_2374.JPG
    469.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2375.JPG
    IMG_2375.JPG
    478.1 KB · Views: 165
5.7 chip? Low timing im guessing at that boost? Awesome runs!
Yes 5.7 chip and no 23* ..
i got videos but loading to YouTube first . Don't be fooled my buddy drives this car hard . We have a a lot of street pulls dailing it in . Everyday it's something new .

He don't post on here tho he's a lurker .

we are still going to spray a 50 shot to it next

This was the weather he ran in today so alittle colder and lower humidity could run a 10.2 -10.1

Attachments

• IMG_2373.PNG
    IMG_2373.PNG
    597.8 KB · Views: 72
Looking good. I would recommend you keep an eye on the heads starting to lift when you spray the 50 shot with that boost and timing. Cylinder pressure takes an extreme spike when you hit it with 900-1000psi of N2O. Even on a small 50 shot. In all honesty, a "jetted" 50 shot, is really more than 50 hp on a boosted application, so make sure your octane, timing and tune are ready for it. Also, if this is a ported stock intake and it's a single nozzle wet kit before the t-body, I would highly recommend one of RJC's power plates for whatever upper plenum is on it. Airflow distribution with a ported stock intake and anyone's upper plenum without a power plate is very uneven, especially the back two cylinders #5 and #6. Then when you spray a single nozzle wet kit before the t-body, you will lean out two or three cylinders. Use caution.

If you're not doing it now, I would put a 100 psi pressure transducer on the coolant drain plug on the side of the block and datalog it with the Powerlogger. Once you see what these coolant pressures are doing during a high boost run, in the future, you will know if the numbers start getting out of whack. This is a sign that the heads are starting to lift and pressurize the coolant passages. That and keep an eye on oil and coolant after each run. One last question. Are you monitoring back pressure in the headers/before the turbo at this boost level? There's power to be made with lower back pressure. If you keep turning up the boost and it's not going any faster in the 1/8th, or 1/4, you've probably reached the limits, due to back pressure. And you will definitely find the limits with N2O.

-Patrick-

Looking good. I would recommend you keep an eye on the heads starting to lift when you spray the 50 shot with that boost and timing. Cylinder pressure takes an extreme spike when you hit it with 900-1000psi of N2O. Even on a small 50 shot. In all honesty, a "jetted" 50 shot, is really more than 50 hp on a boosted application, so make sure your octane, timing and tune are ready for it. Also, if this is a ported stock intake and it's a single nozzle wet kit before the t-body, I would highly recommend one of RJC's power plates for whatever upper plenum is on it. Airflow distribution with a ported stock intake and anyone's upper plenum without a power plate is very uneven, especially the back two cylinders #5 and #6. Then when you spray a single nozzle wet kit before the t-body, you will lean out two or three cylinders. Use caution.

If you're not doing it now, I would put a 100 psi pressure transducer on the coolant drain plug on the side of the block and datalog it with the Powerlogger. Once you see what these coolant pressures are doing during a high boost run, in the future, you will know if the numbers start getting out of whack. This is a sign that the heads are starting to lift and pressurize the coolant passages. That and keep an eye on oil and coolant after each run. One last question. Are you monitoring back pressure in the headers/before the turbo at this boost level? There's power to be made with lower back pressure. If you keep turning up the boost and it's not going any faster in the 1/8th, or 1/4, you've probably reached the limits, due to back pressure. And you will definitely find the limits with N2O.

-Patrick-
hi Patrick thanks for advice.. i don't get all technical like that. after reading ur post i can safely assume im really dumb lol i don't go that far in depth with it or does my buddy.

quick run down of the car... stock engine with valve springs and head studs. yes we have popped 3 factory headgaskets in the last 1.5yrs.. other than springs and studs the engine is stock. nothing has been ported.
as for upping the boost last year he went 11.00-11.20 at 124mph & 99mph in the 1/8 at 30-33lbs. this year with new rearend suspension little lighter car (3600) now 3400) and 35-36lbs he ran a best of 10.40s at one 126mph and 102mph in the 1/8 that was today, so the car is still picking up on both ends which upping the boost is still effective!

As far as nitrous goes, we know a 50shot will be more on a boosted car. We just don't go out and beat the crap outta the car we do a lot of street hits and tuning with erics chip & most of the time we add fuel % eric has made us a chip to use for the nitrous he maxxed out the duty cycle to 95% which he didn't like but i told him we have a lot of seat time in the car,we are smart .. we are spraying a dry shot right before the throttle body. we have used a power plate but the car didn't like it.. ppl can argue with me on that, you see the time slips kinda hard to argue for a stock engine running 10.40s. we don't run a powerlogger only a scanmaster. i will back the timing down 2* when we do spray and e-85 is king YEE YEE

Bison has a post on how he ran a stock rotating assembly trying for a 9. I don't remember how close he got it. It split a piston in half...

Bison has a post on how he ran a stock rotating assembly trying for a 9. I don't remember how close he got it. It split a piston in half...

Him and I are not trying to go for records. It's just a friendly shit talking match on each other's cars with are buddy's! They all have modern ls engine and at putting down 600-700rwhp. Got to show them what 30+ year old technology still works ! shit I'm only 26 and barely move haha

Shit I wish mine ran so I wouldnt have to gloat about my buddy's car in here lol I wish I can talk about mine but oh well least I know what parts to buy When the time comes

The car went 9.96 on a 62. Then it cracked #1 a year later. Slid another rod and piston in and it cracked #6 2 years later. Low 9 sec power. The stock stuff lasts a long time if the rpm is kept down and not detonated. When it’s 800hp needs some leg room and it’s really not possible to make quarter passes without getting over 6000rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly that was with a tall tire too.

We have a 28.2 tall tire right now going to a 29.8 tall. We are at the limits for my liking around 5400rpms. The taller tire should carry us to around 130mph mark at top of third at same Rpm .
the 50shot should get us in the 9s if not the 75 will ..

You’re flying with a stock engine. What torque converter is in the car?
-ps- I second what Patrick said. Your cylinder pressures are already through the roof. A 50 shot may be the nail in the coffin, but maybe not. Either way I’m anxious to see the results!