back em down

KC87

Feb 11, 2009
you got that right earl , I have a roll master waiting, but I thought I read somewhere you went back to stock nylon ?
Did mine at about 130k with all stock parts, expected to see some of the nylon teeth missing but it was like new, not even a chip. 46k later and so far its good.

earlbrown

runs with scissors
May 26, 2001
lagrange, GA
you got that right earl , I have a roll master waiting, but I thought I read somewhere you went back to stock nylon ?
I stick with stock nylon on flat tappet cams. I like them because they're quiet, can use the tensioner, and don't piss off the knock sensor. The downside is they are pieces of shit and have to be replaced every 10 years or 125,000 miles. :)

Rollers are forced to move up to the double roller. Stiff springs and only 12 valves make for a lot of ''cogging'' when turning the cam. That can really beat up on a timing set.

With your Rollmaster, you'll need to grind the goofy flap off the backside of the cam sensor bore when you get the timing cover off.

grass doctor

Sep 21, 2018
saint augustine fl
I stick with stock nylon on flat tappet cams. I like them because they're quiet, can use the tensioner, and don't piss off the knock sensor. The downside is they are pieces of shit and have to be replaced every 10 years or 125,000 miles. :)

Rollers are forced to move up to the double roller. Stiff springs and only 12 valves make for a lot of ''cogging'' when turning the cam. That can really beat up on a timing set.

With your Rollmaster, you'll need to grind the goofy flap off the backside of the cam sensor bore when you get the timing cover off.
see now I was wondering about all that , thx for your insight , always much appreciated !!!