You can type here any text you want

Backroad Test Pass LS1 Kill

• Thread starter Thread starter dconnor
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
D

dconnor

Took the car ('87 Turbo-T) down a nearby backroad for a little test pass after finally getting my Torque Tech 3" exhaust installed. Lo & Behold I happened to line up next to a Pewter WS6 LS1 Trans Am who suprisingly wanted to play! :D

(unfortunatley the car crowd around here knows about turbo buicks.)

I spun pretty good off idle since I have 255-60-15 radials on the T right now in anticipation of getting it inspected. The f-bod jumped out about 3 cars as I backed off a bit to calm the smoke storm, then rolled down on the go-pedal HARD. As the 1/2 shift made the car leap forward, suprisingly the car hooked and the T screamed past the Trans Am... breaking one of my drivers seat brackets in the process!!!! And this is WITH the Terry Houston catalytic converter, straight pump gas, ~14 lbs of boost AND an emissions chip in place! I put a solid 3 cars on him by 100 mph & he proceeded to do a ricer style flyby as then turned off as I slowed down for the upcoming traffic light. Guess he wasn't interested in a rematch.....

LOL, this is the 1st time I've ever been happy about something breaking on a car... MAN this thing is running GOOD!!!!!

Doug C.

hey doug i got a v 8 4.6 mustang that can beat that v 6 buick
just let me know ok and we can race on 225 and pasadena blvd
ok ..........................................retain r.silva:D

Originally posted by dconnor
breaking one of my drivers seat brackets in the process!!!!

LMAO.... :D My drivers seat is bent to the point I need to replace it.

Guess that is what I get for leaving the computer on at work, some Mudstain phule sneaks on it & leaves silly messages!

Rudy is just jealous that his stock AZZ pony will get beat by a v6 grocery gettin grandma's car! :D

Joe, I was figuring my seat bracket would let go sooner or later just NOT while it was on radials. ;)

Doug C.

Took the car ('87 Turbo-T) down a nearby backroad for a little test pass after finally getting my Torque Tech 3" exhaust installed.

Good kill. Not to get off topic, but could you comment on the 3" TT system. I am just about to order it myself. What mufflers are you running? How do you like the sound? Notice any difference from what you had (what did you have?)? Easy install? Thanks Doug. Just PM me if you prefer.

Guess that is what I get for leaving the computer on at work, some Mudstain phule sneaks on it & leaves silly messages!

I was wondering why you were talking trash to yourself:D

Tell him for $50 you will take valuable time out of your day and go smoke his Mudstain. Otherwise its too easy and not worth the gas:p

ALBERTAN, I'm VERY happy with the system so far. Had it installed at a local shop & they said this was the best mail order system they've ever worked with & asked for TT's website. I went with the Dynomax Race Magnum 3" bullet muffler.

It went on in about 45 minutes, which includes weld up, installing the catalytic converter and some trimming to make room for the adapter pipes to fit the straight through mufflers. I replaced a rusted out Hooker 2 1/2" cat back system (made before Hooker started aluminizing their piping) which worked well, but always had a bit of drone. Zero drone on the TT setup so far, I guess the real test will be once the cat comes off after getting it inspected.

black, Heh he knows better! Rudy's mushtang is almost stock (mufflers, 3.73 gear) we just like to kid around a bit. :)

Doug C.

Back