bailey 2 step technique?

haywire4130

Finally got my 2 step in and working, just had a few questions about how to get the most out of it. I was mostly wondering if it was better to ease into the throttle and sneak up to the launch limit and hold the throttle there then mat it when letting off the button or just floor it and let er rip? I experimented with a few different rpm settings and found my car really likes 2800 and about 5 lbs of boost on the street. During my testing I eased into it as described above and then floored it as I let off the button, seemed to make the converter flash higher and the car launched like a rocket!
Lastly, what is the purpose of retarding the timing, and does it retard only when the box is limiting, or always when the button is energized? The boost seems to come up real quick with 8 degrees of retard and a full cut at 2800. Anyone's input or experience would be appreciated! Thanks

Retarding the timing puts more heat in the exhaust to spool the turbo. You saw that when it spooled faster with 8degrees of retard