You can type here any text you want

Beat another trailered race car!

• Thread starter Thread starter Fred 86 GN
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
F

Fred 86 GN

This time at another local dragstrip, I beat a 1969 Roadrunner with big slicks, skinnies up front, roll cage, gutted interior, no exhaust, and decals all over it. There was an older guy driving it, so I thought I would get hammered since he was even older then me! And we all know age = money more often than not, and cubic dollars make you fast.

At the tree we were pretty even, and I was quite surprised. Then around the 1/8th I started to walk away from him. The GN ran a 12.8 at 106mph. He ran a mid 13 at 94mph. I was happy.

Turns out the next time he ran a bunch of white smoke was coming out from under the car and it smelled like cooked clutch. So I may have beat him because his clutch was about gone, but I am still pleased.

You cannot hardly hear my car run down the track -- it is nice and quiet.

For all you "trailered car" fans out there, I did get "played with" by a 10-second late 60's Camaro race car later in the day. He would speed up and slow back down. Real cute. I hope to get about another 100hp out of my GN...won't be enough to beat cars like that, but should minimize the goofing around. ;)

There isnt much that makes ya feel better than spanking a trailered car at the track. :D :D Good kill man.

Ive done it twice to the amazement of everyone at the track and mostly myself. First one was a 2nd gen camaro (~70/split bumper) that was back halfed, big block, lumpy cam, etc.. I could hear him the whole way but got him by about a car length. Best part about it was the same guy had beat me the last time I was there trying out the new turbo and had kinda laughed at the little "lowered mini truck". :rolleyes: He didnt laugh that time. ;)

Second one was at Mooresville, NC last Dec against a NASTY sounding Mopar (big block, slicks, 4spd, etc). The car looked rough (primer/work in progress) but absolutely thumped the ground. I dunno bout you but the Mopar crowd is kinda like the TR crowd. You NEVER know what youre up against with them. He did a big pro stock style burnout while Im thinking Im gonna get waxed bad, REALLY bad. We were even for maybe 100ft and I just walked away from him. I thought he broke for a minute but it wasnt the case.

I coulda only ran that one race and woulda been happy as h*** all day. ;)

Enough of me rambling... Good kill.

Back