Radio help

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I got a wifi-wireless backup camera for Christmas and decided to try it out on the Buick. I went to pair the camera to the video display using the cig lighter as the power source. When I did this the radio and cig lighter quit working. I have a bench seat car, so no console. The radio lights work just fine, but no clock, radio or cig lighter.

I thought I simply popped the 10amp radio fuse and replaced that but as it turned out the fuse was ok. (I swapped it anyway.)

So now I don't know what to look for next. The rest of the dash and lights are fine. Any suggestions?

Well duh.

I figured it out with the help of this handy diagram. It was the 20 amp ctsy/clack lighter fuse just below the radio fuse. :)

Image result for 87 turbo regal fuse panel diagram

nice I thought there were two fuses the courtesy and the radio one :cool:

The cig lighter wiring is notoriously bad. I installed an 8 gauge wire on mine + a new socket (they are generic) and it has been fine since.

Practically everything else is wireless now so where's the car head unit that only needs a power wire and antenna to work. Speakers would be a breeze. Could lose 20 pounds of wiring.

Guy, spoolfool made a slanderous remark something about doing a burnout in reverse. I have no clue what he meant ?

Guy, spoolfool made a slanderous remark something about doing a burnout in reverse. I have no clue what he meant ?

It's been a long while since I did one of those but, guilty as charged.