Best front mount intercooler for the dollar

Brasco

Just wanted to here what your opinions were on which front mount might be better for performance, quality, fitting, and of course the all mighty dollar. Im sure its been discussed a thousand times so i apologize in advance for bringing it up again.

Jason White just won TSM with a Cotton's unit using an off the shelf hydraulic roller cam!!!! Dave Fiscus is doing amazing things with a V1.

OK, the FASTEST & QUICKEST TSM car and only 109 block in the 8's, Dick Kereny, uses the RJC!:D

Best & cheap don't compute.

Do you want the best or cheap (original factory intercooler - 0$)?

The Best one is the one you could get used for a good price. At least that's what I did. ;) I picked up an 1000 dollar FMIC for 600 BUCKS. Brand NEW :eek: That sounds like the best one to me.

Spending the most dosent mean you have a quality piece but the man with the most money usally has the faster car. lol.

OK, the FASTEST & QUICKEST TSM car and only 109 block in the 8's, Dick Kereny, uses the RJC!:D

Dick Kerney has an amazing car and I don't want to take anything away from that fact BUT the IC he uses would cause you to overheat your engine if used on your street car....unless you are driving around in Antarctica.

Jason has on his site that the RJC MegaCooler (the one Kerney uses) measures at 4.75" thick and is for RACE ONLY applications. Do you recommend all of your street driven customers to hang these off the front of their cars? If I were gonna overheat my car with to big an IC I'd use a V3.:D

Say what you want but you can't go wrong with the ones we sell. Good price and they fit nice. On sale until Christmas Eve. I am running the SE one on my own GN. Front Mount Intercoolers This subject of course will be debated to death, there ARE many different choices out there with really no bad way to go. BUT if you want a great intercooler at a great price we can help you out.

i have a cottons front and like it but it makes my air not work as well unless im going down the road. i had one of the cheap ebay front mount units which is a copy of an old design and it worked good also.

heres a pic cottons on the car and the ebay unit beside it

Attachments

• cooler 2.jpg
    cooler 2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 4,330
Stock mount with a big neck & alky for the street, for race? I dunno i havent tried one yet.

the top 3 i suppose are already mentioned Cotton/RJC/Prescision. the Turbo Regal Custom part intercooler for $650/$500 looks nice to.

But for me and the street I like the SLIC & ALKY.:)

this is an old pic of my car, but it's an ESP performance front mount Intercooler that works quite well for the street, but is a little bit costly.
02-02-06_1252-1.jpg

answer

My answer for this ? is it all depends how you drive the car and how much boost your running. If its a trailor car and not running alot of boost you dont need a super large intercooler. i have an old ATR intercooler and works fine with lower boost levels, but now when i turn the boost on up it heats up a bunch on the feel of the pipes,and also i run 1/8 alot of times too.