You can type here any text you want

Best rear sway bar that connects to lower control arms ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

434nova

I am looking for the best option on a rear sway bar that connects to the lower control arms. I would like to go with the hr parts bar but that is not an option since I run a moser fab 9 housing with a back brace and there is no way to connect it to the housing. I have hr parts lower control arms already. How does the atr rear bar compare to umi , bmr , etc. I found a atr rear bar locally. What's the best option? I am trying to run low 10's to high 9s. Thanks

Housing painted or powder coated? With the Fab9 rears, best is to get weld on swaybar mounts. The link mounted bars (like the HRParts) are much, much better than trailing arm mounted bars.

The housing is painted. The weld on sway bar mounts can I get them from hr parts or is it something I have to order else where.

Thanks for the help. It looks like that allows for me to bolt on to sway bar to those welded brackets. Just what I am looking for.

on my 9 just use the lower bracket (perch) that comes with the HR kit , for where it contacts the back brace cut the bracket flat , gets some grade 8 3/8 nuts and bolts and weld the nuts inside the perch . bolt it all up to the bar and find the ideal mounting location on the axle , then weld the perches to the rear

heres the ones welded on my 9" for an HR bar but im running a wolfe ARB right now

Attachments

• 0308151214.jpg
    0308151214.jpg
    606.9 KB · Views: 155
I am looking for the best option on a rear sway bar that connects to the lower control arms. I would like to go with the hr parts bar but that is not an option since I run a moser fab 9 housing with a back brace and there is no way to connect it to the housing. I have hr parts lower control arms already. How does the atr rear bar compare to umi , bmr , etc. I found a atr rear bar locally. What's the best option? I am trying to run low 10's to high 9s. Thanks

I have a Moser big ford 9" with the back brace and ran into the similar problem. I haven't installed mine yet, but I don't think it will be that difficult. There are a couple of different ways you could mount the sway bar. You could get the weld on brackets from Paul at HR and modify them before you weld them on, and/or you can drill a hole through the back brace, slightly modify the bracket used with the 3" tube and use the U bolts like you would if you didn't have the back brace on the rear. I'm sure if you call Paul at HR he can better explain it to you then myself, and in much greater detail. Good luck.

Back