Best under hood LED bulb?

if it's that important to you, get an underhood light out of an early 90's pickup... they are nice and bright and have a 20 foot or so long cord that pulls out.. i think they use an 1156 bulb, which means you could find an LED equivalent if you wanted..

I had a 92 Cutlas SL that had one of those lights with the cord...pretty handy

Bryan

if it's that important to you, get an underhood light out of an early 90's pickup... they are nice and bright and have a 20 foot or so long cord that pulls out.. i think they use an 1156 bulb, which means you could find an LED equivalent if you wanted..

X2 - but they are so hard to find in one piece - or even still attached at the boneyards.

I always look.
Of course, I usually am in the GM section.
Need to look at the other sections too.

My 76 280Z had a light on a cord. But I just put a switch on my Buick light so I can just turn it on when needed....now if I had a nice LED bulb......

My 76 280Z had a light on a cord. But I just put a switch on my Buick light so I can just turn it on when needed....now if I had a nice LED bulb......

Me too.
Saves battery juice.
And a second one for the 4 SuperBrite LED lighting strips I installed along the hood lip.

Picture looks like crap and doesn't do it justice.
It looks great at night.

Attachments

• 85 WH1 001.JPG
    85 WH1 001.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 223
Me too! Mine was a 91 Cutlass that had the pull out light. Wish I would have taken it out before sellin the car.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I found this site that shows current draw of different bulbs. If I actually break down at night I would want the bulb to be the brightest with the least current draw. Does anybody have experience with them? Do they make one that kind of shines downward where the light is needed most? http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/compcarbulb.htm

It has been my experience working with LEDs that they point a straight beam which means whatever direction they are pointed is where you will see light however they now make the 360 degree patterns that closely resemble the OEM light and I have been happy with them. Originally I bought a handfull of bulbs from superbrightleds to see which ones I liked in certain locations. I would strongly recommend the 360 pattern for under the hood.

Go to Ebay and search for 'retractable underhood light'. There are plenty of them.