Bms crank

williambavila

William Avila (The Buick Guy)
I have a brand new bms crank still in the crate. 3.062 stroke. I am trying to find a set of rods that would work.
3cd31a83286806ee7baaa7bcab9a69e7.jpg
ea5b6f6982bbf822025b556abb0023d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

You need custom made pistons which must match the crank and which ever rods you plan to use.

Any auto machine shop worth a dam should be able to do this for you. Both Ross and CP can do this and they are in the L.A. area.

When the pistons are ordered, they also should be made for your desired compression ratio.

You need custom made pistons which must match the crank and which ever rods you plan to use.

Any auto machine shop worth a dam should be able to do this for you. Both Ross and CP can do this and they are in the L.A. area.

When the pistons are ordered, they also should be made for your desired compression ratio.
I figured as much. It was late when I picked it up and the machine shop I use is closed. I'll get on this Tuesday

I have seen many BMS strokes and that's an odd one to me. What series of racing used this?

I have seen many BMS strokes and that's an odd one to me. What series of racing used this?

BMS sold various forged cranks from raw forging, semi-finished to ready for installation.

I have a 3.580" stroke BMS crank, and also we used a de-stroke BMS crank in a stage I block for a 210 cu. in. turbo engine in a GN which was the first Super Stock NHRA car that went into the 7's!

BMS sold various forged cranks from raw forging, semi-finished to ready for installation.

I have a 3.580" stroke BMS crank, and also we used a de-stroke BMS crank in a stage I block for a 210 cu. in. turbo engine in a GN which was the first Super Stock NHRA car that went into the 7's!
Do you care to share how many pounds of boost it takes to get a 210 cu. in. Buick V6 into the 7's?

"Not much" and "a whole bunch" are not viable answers.

Do you care to share how many pounds of boost it takes to get a 210 cu. in. Buick V6 into the 7's?

"Not much" and "a whole bunch" are not viable answers.
I've always wondered the RPM too. I bet at or damn near 10k [emoji50]

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Cal, said you can't do that. Lmao.
I'd spin one 10k and then some just to see what happens.

One thing that a lot of people failed to remember is that the BMS crank has been put thru hell. It supported all racing forums well before the billet V6 crank hit the scene. Not saying there weren't some forgings with issues but the shorter the stroke, the stronger the crank. When quality rods were in short supply and the ones that were available were $200+ a piece all you had to do was cut the rod journal down and run a BBC rod.

One thing that a lot of people failed to remember is that the BMS crank has been put thru hell. It supported all racing forums well before the billet V6 crank hit the scene. Not saying there weren't some forgings with issues but the shorter the stroke, the stronger the crank. When quality rods were in short supply and the ones that were available were $200+ a piece all you had to do was cut the rod journal down and run a BBC rod.
Is anyone interested in the crank? I'd sell it for $1150 shipped it's brand new still in the crate standing on end.